YESSSS It’s getting close to time for Winter COYER. It’s time for a goal post anyway! I can’t wait to get started as I have so many books to read. Below is a bit of information but for the whole low down go check out Berl @ Fantasy is More Fun or Michelle from Because Reading for all the info on the cool read-a-thons, challenges they are wanting to plan, etc. It’s going to be a fun time and this year I get to help out!! “Snoopy Dance* I am their Social Media Guru..boy I hope I can live up to that name..hehehe.
Winter 2014-2015 COYER
After COYER Summer Vacation, we decided that the longer length really worked great for COYER. So Winter 2014-2015 COYER will run Saturday, December 20th 2014 to Friday, March 6th 2015. Signups will be open from today through Sunday, January 25th.
- To sign up, announce your participation with a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.)
- Then link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below. This is like what we did for COYER Summer Vacation. If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let us know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help us spread the word.
- We’ve decided to add a referral competition! When you fill out the linky, you’ll notice a spot to write in the name of whoever referred you. The person who refers the most people by the sign-up cut off date (January 25th 2015) will win a $5 Amazon gift card.
- Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example!
- Read Your E-Reads! Every book you read must be in an electronic format – meaning E-Book or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before December 20th, but for it to count you must finish & review it during COYER.
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE!This includes library books, review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? Since it was brought to our attention that books cost different depending on your market, here’s the maximum price in the main markets. Also, since audiobooks are considerably expensive generally, we’re looking at the average price for an audiobook purchased with an Audible Credit.
- So normally I make a list of the books I want to get through and then I always seem to change my mind. So this time I am not going to actually list the books I am just going to make a list of goals I hope to accomplish.
So go check out
- Netgalley/Edelweiss these books are going to be my focus as I really need to get my Netgalley percentage up so that I feel better about grabbing galleys. Edelweiss doesn’t have a percentage thing but I also need to get it caught up as I just don’t feel right getting more reads if I can’t finish the ones I have and there are so many great books to grab.
- Freebie/Nearly Free there are few of these that I really want to read so I will throw some of them in as well. This also includes audiobooks.
- Read-a-thons they have some great RATS going during this time and I am pretty sure I can match up a book or two for each of these so I will be giving them a try. I really enjoyed them last time.
- Challenges these are new this year and I can’t wait to see what the host come up with and will try to do a couple of these. I am trying to come up with an idea so I could host a challenge but I am so not creative when it comes to these..lol.
- Twitter Parties do my best to make it to both parties! #COYER!!!
Okay so now you know what my goals will be so now all you need to do is sign up yourself and join in all the fun!!