The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
OH MY, was this week a hot one! So humid so that it felt like 109. My poor garden, but it’s holding in there. I don’t have a whole lot to add to how my garden is growing for a whole post but thought a few pics would do so you could see some yummy treats from the garden and my second attempt at pickles (cause we so did the first ones wrong and they were mush…lol.)
First spaghetti squash! First attempt at zucchini bread!
The second batch of pickles came out much better and more filled out! My broccoli that I thought was dead has come back to life. 🙂
Okay, so I got some news. I don’t know if it was the birthday blues or mid-life crisis combined but I decided it’s time to go back to college. See I got a degree a while back in History, but then my mom died and I never did anything with it and just got stuck in a rut watching out for my dad. Well, I am 41 and got not much to show for it so I found out the local two-year college has a graphic design program so I am going to try that and go back and take some grammar courses (cause I really still want to write), as well as maybe a creative writing course eventually. Mostly I will be getting the graphic design degree if I choose too. This first semester is my dabbling in it to see what comes of it. My father said he would help me pay for it but I had to do something involving computers as that is the going thing these days job wise. So I am a bit nervous, but got my letter stating I have been processed and now need to speak to an advisor and get my transcripts from another college I went to, etc. Nervous but also excited. 🙂
Once I figure out what my class schedule is I will be looking for a part-time job that will work around it. Send me some positive vibes. 🙂
Well, that about does it for this week. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [18 Jul] GILT: SIN NEVER SLEEPS Release Day Blast
- [18 Jul] Shadow Rites by Faith Hunter ★★★★★
- [19 Jul] Click Here to Start by Denis Markell ★★★★½
- [20 Jul] Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf ★★★★
- [21 Jul] Rose Petal Graves by Olivia Wildenstein ★★★½
- [22 Jul] Planted Blast
- [22 Jul] Friday Meme’s ~A Most Curious Murder
- [22 Jul] White Corridor by Christopher Fowler ★★★★★
- [23 Jul] Blissed by Jamie Farrell ★★★★
- [24 Jul] The Week In Review #98
Books I have added
- A Story to Kill – Lynn Cahoon is one of my favorite cozy mystery authors!
- A Killer Closet – Just couldn’t help myself. 🙂
- The Last of August – It’s book two of the Charlotte Holmes series and I liked the first one enough to want to check out the next one. 🙂 (Doesn’t come out till Feb of 2017! Hope I don’t forget I have in on my kindle)
- Dr. Fell and the Playground of Doom by David Neilsen
Audios from Tantor for review
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone and The Last Victim by Kevin O’Brien
- The Drowning Game by LS Hawker
- Underland by Chanda Hahn
- Quit Your Witchin by Dakota Cassidy
- Chasing the Dead by Tim Weaver
Audios from author for review
On sale for $1.99!
If something looks good check to make sure it’s still free. 🙂
Books read last week
- Sadly, I had to DNF What the Dead Want, it just wasn’t doing anything for me. I didn’t care about the MC and at the halfway mark I just didn’t care so I quit.
- We are Holding the President Hostage – It’s a bit dated as it’s an older book but still was an interesting listen.
- To Love a Wolf – Loved it as it involved my favorite SWAT wolf, Cooper. Though I thought I might have to whoop up on the author for putting him through the wringer. 🙂
What might be up next
Have you joined Tsu yet? Come on over and friend me there: https://www.tsu.co/BMReviews