The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
What you might have missed on my blog
So this week has been a bit stressful. If you all remember how happy I was last week cause my dad was gone fishing and I had time to myself. Well, dad has been sick ever since he got back. At first I thought maybe it was heat exhaustion because the heat index that week he was fishing was pretty high, but I don’t think that is it. I made him go to the doctor on Tuesday I believe it was and the Dr. gave him an antibiotic and said he had an infection. The next day he told me he wanted to go back to the Dr. cause his tongue was hurting really bad and when I looked at it it was bright red down the middle!! He could also verily stand he was so week. Went back to the Dr. and she said he had Thrush in his mouth and gave him something to swish in his mouth and a pain pill. They did blood work and he was coughing up some nasty so they made him get a chest x-ray.
So as of right now he is still sick and running a fever of and on anywhere from 100 to 101. I feel like I have a large child and have become his beck and call girl. He also worries me because this is making him look old. He is 67 and it’s making him look older. 🙁 The Dr. called Friday and told him that he had significant infection that showed up in his blood work (still don’t know about the chest x-ray) and wanted to know if he felt any better, if he wasn’t then maybe they needed to get him to the emergency room. Well, dad is stubborn and told them if he wasn’t feeling better by Monday he would call. I have a feeling Monday we will be at hospital cause he is still not doing well.
So I went from a stress free week to a stress filled week! 🙁 I so need to get me some chocolate!!!!
- [27 Jul] If the Viscount Falls by ★★★½
- [27 Jul] The Perfect Hope by ★★★★★
- [28 Jul] Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly ★★★½
- [28 Jul] Tuesday Teaser: They Call Me Alexandra Gastone
- [29 Jul] Zombies in Love by Nora Fleischer ★★★
- [29 Jul] Book Blitz: Castle in the Air
- [29 Jul] The InCryptid Prequels by Seanan McGuire ★★★★★
- [29 Jul] They Call Me Alexandra Gastone by T.A. Maclagan ★★★★
- [30 Jul] Spotlight: Drop Dead Punk
- [30 Jul] Phantom Evil by Heather Graham ★★★★½
- [30 Jul] It’s time to #dustoffyourbookshelf
- [31 Jul] Friday Meme’s: Damage Done
- [31 Jul] Audiobook review of Killer Within ★★★½
- [31 Jul] Street Magic by Tamora Pierce ★★★★★
- [1 Aug] My TBR List: August ~Let’s Vote!
- [1 Aug] Monthly Report: July
- [1 Aug] The Week In Review #47
- [2 Aug] #COYER UPDATE:
- [2 Aug] The Walled Flower by Lorraine Bartlett ★★★½
It looks like a lot but it seems Kathy and I posted some reviews on the same day so there are more than normal..lol.
Books I have added
Audio review books:
I got a lot of freebies but I just didn’t have time to list them this week. 🙂
Books read last week
- I know it looks like I’m reading a lot at the same time but I have a feeling The Reluctant Midwife will be on mine for a while. I like it but I can only handle so much baby delivering at once..lol.
- Dead Guys is on my Nook and I am 108 pages into it and it’s different.
- This Monstrous Thing is on my kindle and I just started it
- Last Wool and Testament is on my computer
- Free Agent is on my phone
So some times it just depends on where I am in the house and what reading or listening device is in front of me..lol.
What might be up next
Two of the books that will be up next depends on what I pull out of my jars. I have a TBR jar for my Thursdays #dustoffyourshelf read and I am doing a fun little bingo challenge on instagram and you made a card with books your reading in August and then put them in a jar and you pull one and read it, then pull out another..trying to fill your card up for the month. My card is mostly full of my ARC August reads! (though there are a few audio and print). 🙂
Have you joined Tsu yet? Come on over and friend me there: https://www.tsu.co/BMReviews