The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I am so tired of rain, like soooooooooo tired of rain! We got 4 inches in just one day and that doesn’t account for all the other days of rain and we have more rain in the forecast for this week as well. 🙁 Also it went from warm to cold again at least at night. It was 45 last night and I have taken the plastic off my window to use my AC when it was really hot and boy the air coming through the cracks on my head was cold!!! Hope it doesn’t give me the sniffles!
So not a lot has happened this week mostly due to it raining all the time. My poor garden if it’s not freezing when it shouldn’t be there is flooding. It’s not really doing very well. 🙁 I feel like I am raising a miniature garden. I will post some pics here so you can see. Also some of my stuff is wilting and I am getting very frustrated but I can’t control the weather.
Most of these plants should be way bigger than they are, you can hardly seem pepper plants there by the tomato plants!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [23 May] The Week In Review #353
- [24 May] The Gargoyle Gets His Girl by Kristen Painter ★★★
- [25 May] Pizazz by Sophy Henn ★★★
- [26 May] Dealing with the Duchess by JR Salisbury ★
- [27 May] Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [28 May] Friday Meme’s ~Lady Ruthless
- [28 May] The Professor Woos the Witch by Kristen Painter ★★★★★
- [29 May] The Last Fallen Star by Graci Kim ★★★★
Books I have added
I am in a romance mood! 🙂
- Sweet Talking Rancher – I am a sucker for a cowboy romance…lol.
- Once Week to Claim It All – Not really my normal type but I needed this for the category romance readathon next month…lol.
- Profiling a Killer – I can have romance and a bit of mystery suspense…lol. 🙂
- Rising Danger – Can’t go wrong with a romance that has a dog in it!
Books read last week
- The Last Fallen Star – I really liked this one! It was fun learning about some Korean mythology. It was about these gifted clans and Riley is adopted so she has no gift and feels a bit like an outsider and her sister decides she wants to share her magic and do a spell but things don’t go as planned and Riley has to find the Last Fallen Star to save her sister.
- Murder on Lexington Avenue – Detective Frank Malloy investigates the death of a man who runs a deaf school and ends up enlisting Sarah’s help when he finds out the man’s wife is pregnant and nobody knew until her water broke! Sarah is a midwife and so Frank needs her help and he also knows that she might be able to get information for him.
- Read and Buried – Books 6 in the Lighthouse Library series and I think this one is probably my favorite so far in the series. In the previous book they discovered that part of the lighthouse foundation is bad so in this one they have someone fixing it and they discover a box with a diary, map and a code and of course someone wants it, someone dies and Lucy has to figure out what happened.
- Lethal Licorice – Book 2 in the Amish Candy Shop series and this was really good. Bailey enters the ACC (Amish Confectionary Contest) in her grandfathers place to honor him as he has passed. She is not Amish like her grandparents but since she is still making the candy the Amish way some don’t see it as a problem while others do and the one throwing the big fit of course ends up dead and Bailey needs to find out who killed her.
- Gallows View- This is the first book in the DCI Banks series and it was okay but I think it was a bit busy for a first book in the series. Banks comes to the small town thinking it won’t be as busy as the big city and finds more things going on there than in the city…lol. There is a peeping tom, a murder and a rape and they could all be connected if he can just figure it all out.
- Murder Between The Lines – Is the second book and last book I guess which is a bummer because I really enjoy this short series. This book was from 2017 so I am guessing there will be no more. It’s about Kitty who is a reporter for a woman’s paper as it’s during the times when ladies are not allowed to work as “real” reporters. She investigates the death of a young lady that she had just recently met and feels that she died suspiciously.
- Blood Like Magic – I will admit I am not really wanting to read this but it’s a review ARC so I am trying! I had high hopes but I think I could sit it down and forget about it.
- Lady Ruthless – Enemies to Lovers historical romance and so far it’s not to bad. Got it off KU.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?