The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
The heat is back baby!!! It’s been pretty decent in the high 70’s almost 80’s and I have almost got all my plants replanted and added a few more plants. I still have some seedlings that are not big enough to go out yet and I need to expand my garden…lol. 🙂
Been watching Death in Paradise some more and I am on season 8 of 10 working on the third Detective Inspector and a lot of my favorites have left the show and we got some decent new ones but I still miss my old favorites. 🙁 This show goes through characters so you best not get attached! Still watching When Calls the Heart and tonight is the second to the last episode for this season and I am so over the love triangle, I am already pumping myself up that she won’t pick the one I like as that always happens…lol. I am assuming she will pick on the season finale.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [25 Apr] The Week In Review #349
- [26 Apr] Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [27 Apr] Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price ★★★★
- [28 Apr] Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [29 Apr] Needful Things by Stephen King ★★★
- [30 Apr] Friday Meme’s ~ Better Than the Movies
- [30 Apr] Book Review: Grave War by Kalayna Price
- [1 May] Big Little Spies by Krista Davis ★★★★
Books I have added
Books read last week
- Needful Things – Not as great as my teen self remembers but it was still okay.
- The Mouse Watch Underwater – The sequel to Mouse Watch and just as cute as the first one.
- The Beekeeper’s Apprentice – This was not your usual mystery but still enjoyable.
- Pride, Prejudice and Poison – This was just kind of okay for a cozy. I would still try the second one.
- Bone Chase – This is suppose to be in the vain of Dan Brown and it is about a conspiracy but I am not sure the execution of this idea is very good. I am only 12% into it but it throughs you right in the middle of things and you have no clue what is going on its full of conspiracy and archeological jargon that just sort of float right over my head. I will continue on but if I am not liking it any better by 30% I quit!
- Better Than the Movies – After the eye rolling beginning this has gotten a little better. Lots of romcom tropes happening!
- Picture Perfect Frame – I am listening to this one and I am almost finished and probably could have if I would have just knuckled down and done so but I didn’t lol. I have about one hour and forty-five minutes left.
- The Wife Upstairs – So I am super leery about reading this but also curious so I just jumped in. I have about 7 hours left and it’s okay. It’s a retelling of Jane Eyre but super modern and not a fan of the others portrayal of Rochester at this moment but it could change. I love Jane Eyre so that is why I was leery of a retelling…lol.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?