The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This week was not as busy as last week, not as much running around. My memory is getting bad as I can’t remember if there was anything noteworthy to talk about…lol. Well, you besides the stuff I would rather not talk about. 🙂 Oh I remembered something, I made my first small batch of salsa from tomatoes from the garden. I got three pints and a little extra I kept out for using at suppertime. 🙂
It’s starting to feel a bit like fall and to be honest as much as I love fall things I am not really ready for fall. I mean seriously I can make pumpkin things anytime of the year…lol. I am just so not ready for the cold that comes after fall.
Started watching Cobra Kai since Netflix has it now as they are going to be adding a third season. I watched the first season and its fun, kind of nostalgic as it has bits of Karate Kid flashbacks in it and just seeing grown up versions of Ralph Macchio (Daniel) and William Zabka (Johnny).
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [6 Sep] The Week In Review #316
- [7 Sep] Audiobook review of the Paramedic Chris series
- [7 Sep] The Hunter’s Prey by Diane Whiteside ★★★★
- [9 Sep] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Five Total Strangers
- [9 Sep] Someone to Honor by Mary Balogh ★★★
- [10 Sep] Whispering Pines by Heidi Lang, Kati Bartkowski ★★★★★
- [11 Sep] "The New Kid" by Eileen Wilks ★★★★
Books I have added
- Her Final Prayer – I read the first one in this series early this year and was asked if I wanted to join the tour for this one so of course I couldn’t resist…lol. It’s the mystery involving things around a polygamy community which is an experience to read about…lol.
Books read last week
- Clown in a Cornfield – This was a decent horror but I don’t think it’s really a YA horror in the fact it was a lot more gory and any YA horror I have read, felt more like adult with some YA themes.
- The Remaking – I wasn’t a huge fan of this one, it was kind of strange and was in a weird format and I really hated the MC. The last section of the book was the most interesting part.
- Timeless – This was decent end to series though there was some things at the end that felt a little hard to believe about certain characters. 11 hours and 25 minutes at 1.65x speed.
- Misfits – I am about 17% into it and so far it’s not bad, we haven’t gotten to the cool stuff yet. 🙂 It’s about the urban legend of the Melon Heads!
- The Westing Game – I don’t know if it’s cause it’s older or the writing style but kind of not interesting but only 16 pages into it…lol.
- Into the Drowning Deep – I have about 2 hours left of this one and I am liking it but there are things in it I could have done without. 17 hours and 15 minutes at 1.65x.
What might be up next
This week will be filled with getting ready for a party on the 19th. How did it already get this far in the month, I swear it’s just started. Flying by! So can’t wait for the Halloween nails! If all goes well they come out the week of the 20th. Anyone want to do a Halloween party? 🙂
My newest mani. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?