The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not a lot happened this week so I don’t really have anything to report. Friday was a blur as I had a huge headache but it’s better now. My garden tomatoes are turning red, so yummy.
I watched The One and Only Ivan which was cute and pretty close to the book.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [23 Aug] The Week In Review #314
- [24 Aug] Return of the Temujai by John Flanagan ★★★
- [25 Aug] Lola Benko, Treasure Hunter by Beth McMullen ★★★
- [26 Aug] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The House of a Hundred Whispers
- [26 Aug] The Falcon Always Wings Twice by Donna Andrews ★★★½
- [27 Aug] Heartless by Gail Carriger ★★★½
- [28 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ The Ghost Tree
- [28 Aug] The House on Widows Hill by ★★½
Books I have added
- A Curious Incident – The sixth book in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop mystery series. I enjoy this series and I am caught up on this one so can’t wait to give this a try.
- A Death Long Overdue – This is the seventh book in the Lighthouse Library mystery series. Another series I enjoy, I am one behind on this one so maybe this will kick me in gear! 🙂
Books read last week
- The Bad Seed – I have had this audio for a while and well, I had a headache on Friday so I just listened to this one while my eyes were closed…lol. I remember watching this movie when I was younger, this little girl is horrible…lol. This book was from 1954, so a bit of retro horror on a non retro horror review month…lol. 7 hours and 23 minutes at 1.65x.
- Murder in the East End – One of my favorite series! I don’t know what took me so long to finally read this one. I found an audio on hoopla so I read along while listening. 🙂 8 hours and 7 minutes at 1.65x.
- The Malan Witch – This was a novella so pretty easy to finish this week and it was a bit creepy and good. 🙂
- Lies Lies Lies – I wanted to like this one but it’s suppose to be a thriller but there wasn’t a thrilling moment in the whole 44% of the book I read. I was hating it and didn’t see why I was torturing myself so quit…lol. It’s about a drunk husband and a whiny wife and lots of lies.
- The Ghost Tree – I am close to 50% and to be honest it’s just not that interesting. I wanted it to be cool! Let’s hope the second half is better!
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism – This is pretty good so far, but I know there is a part in it I am not going to like! I am about halfway through the audiobook.
What might be up next
The fall line drop on Tuesday and so many people tried to grab up the new pretties that it broke the site…lol. They were definitely worth trying to grab up. I got a few but still need to get more cause they are all so pretty! I need them! 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?