The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So my week was mostly just working on making sure I had everything ready for the Color Street party I had which went pretty good! YAY! Had a really great hostess!
Dad went fishing Friday night and I thought he was going to be back around 2am and he didn’t get home till 6am and there is no signal where he was so talk about a worried daughter who got no sleep…lol. So Saturday I was pretty tired and I think I will still be pretty tired today as well…at least him and my cousin got 6 catfish! 🙂
Tomatoes are starting to turn red! YAY! I also collected a few cabbage but they are kind of small but better than nothing…lol. Garden wasn’t the best this year but we got started late and I really need to study up on gardening and fertilizer and maybe how to prepare it before planting.
Other than that not a lot going on here since can’t do much still unless you mask up and I would prefer to stay home than mask up. Yep, I am that person.
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [16 Aug] The Week In Review #313
- [17 Aug] Past & Presents by Abigail Roux ★★★★
- [18 Aug] The Night Swim by Megan Goldin ★★★★★
- [19 Aug] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Broadcast 4 Murder
- [19 Aug] The Case of the Spellbound Child by Mercedes Lackey ★★★
- [20 Aug] Retro Horror Vol. 4 ~ Audiobook review of The Shining ★★★★
- [21 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ Lola Benko, Treasure Hunter
- [21 Aug] Desolation Road by Christine Feehan ★★½
Books I have added
- Broadcast 4 Murder – My favorite series! So of course I had to pick up this new one…lol. This is such a fun cozy series.’
- Truth, Lies and Second Dates – It’s suppose to be a sweet and sassy romance so I guess I will see…lol. Them darn emails from publishers get me every time. 🙂
Books read last week
- Devolution – Finally finished it and well, I just wasn’t that impressed. By the time the action of the Bigfoot got there I had really lost interest in what was happening and the ending was really just meh.
- Lola Benko, Treasure Hunter – This was a decent middle grade. First in a series and was just a bit slow for an adventure book but maybe the next one will pick up.
- A Better Man – This is the last of the Penny books that are actually out. Now I can get to my Netgalley audio of the newest one! I can’t say this is a favorite series but decent enough I don’t mind continuing. 13 hours and 8 minutes at 1.65x.
- Chili Cauldron Curse – So I guess I didn’t realize this was a short novella although it’s first in a new series. I thought it could have been better and probably would have been if there was more to it. Listened to it on Window Media Player on my pc on fast and it was 2.4 hours, so yeah listened to that in a day, super short.
- True Blue – I have been trying to get to books on my shelves and found this on overdrive on audio and it wasn’t to bad. It’s actually my first by this author…surprise! 🙂 Audio was 14 hour and 2 minutes and I listened at 1.65x and just finished it last night while typing this up! 🙂
Looks like a lot but three of these were half done at the beginning of the week so easy to finish and then a super short one. 🙂 I actually didn’t think I read/listened to that much this week, but because most were half done it made it look like a lot more…lol.
- Girl, Unframed – I know! I am almost finished, I have about 150 pages to go so it’s going down this week…lol. It’s just not what I was hoping for but want to finish to see what exactly happened. I was sucked in by the word mystery when they pitched it to me and there is nothing mystery about this book…lol.
Going to try a readathon from booktube called Summerween so really haven’t started anything new as it starts on Monday.
What might be up next
These are all for the readathon, yeah ambitious I know unless I can find some audiobooks…lol.
Color Street News
Starting Tuesday of next week Color Street will release the fall line up and OMG are there some pretty ones I want to get my hands on! Join my VIP group (link in the sidebar) to know when all the great stuff is going to happen!
I am so bad at selfies!!! 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?