The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Another week down and I was in kind of a mood and really didn’t do a whole lot. I worked some of graphics for my mock nail bar group that I made for my Color Street stuff. It’s a private group for my eyes only so I can make up all the party post I need so when it comes time to make a party group and post I just copy and paste! 🙂 Other than that I didn’t do much but I did listen to lots of audiobooks.
I also tried participating in the reverse dewey 24 hour readathon but to many distractions happened on Saturday so only got one actual book read for that but better than nothing. 🙂
We are trying a new tv app called Philo, dad and I decided that it has the channels we watch the most on it and it’s only $20 and we are paying $35 for sling tv (we had to pay $5 for hallmark when Philo has it on it’s package no add ons!). We are basically are people who watch reruns of the same shows over and over again…yep boring people…lol. He watches some Hallmark, but mostly westerns and walker texas ranger. I watch Hallmark and and well Hallmark…lol. They have Murder She Wrote! 🙂 Then we have Pluto that is free and it has Midsomer Murder on it’s only channel all day long! So I am set…lol.
So that is about it happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [2 Aug] The Week In Review #311
- [3 Aug] City of Light by Keri Arthur ★★★★
- [4 Aug] Peace Talks by Jim Butcher
- [5 Aug] Waiting on Wednesday ~ A Stitch in Time
- [5 Aug] "Shake and Bake" by Abigail Roux ★★★
- [6 Aug] The Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny ★★★★½
- [6 Aug] A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny ★★★★
- [6 Aug] Glass Houses by Louise Penny ★★★½
- [7 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ The Shining
- [7 Aug] I Want You Back by Lorelei James ★★★★★
Books I have added
- A Tail for Two – Lance had no clue that dog sitting for his brother would bring him back to his ex-wife at a dog park. So I liked but didn’t love the first book in this series but I absolutely loved Lance, so I knew I would want to try his story! I like second chance romances.
- The Hollow Places – A woman finds some sort of portals in her uncle’s house. I will admit I am a little worried about this one as I wasn’t a fan of this author’s last book and this sounds a lot like it to me, but hoping I will be surprised and enjoy it! 🙂
- Lola Benko, Treasure Hunter -I was in the mood for middle grade adventure after reading another MG…lol. About Lola who hunts for her treasure hunting father after he goes missing.
Books read last week
Some have asked how I listen to so many audiobooks so here is the answer. I don’t listen to music. I listen to audiobooks instead, so when on the computer working, or out in the garden and even while cleaning house, there is always an audiobook going on. I also listen at different speeds depending on the narrator. 🙂
- A Great Reckoning – This was a decent installment in the CI Gamache series and something I could see that needed to be done to root out some more corruption but in the police academy. 13hrs and 32 minutes at 1.50x (speed).
- Glass Houses – This probably my least favorite in the whole series because I don’t like what the author made Gamache do even if it was to catch a bigger fish. 13 hrs and 32 mins. at 1.50x.
- The Shining – Yes, I finally got it read! Barb has been after me to read this one as it’s her favorite and I did like it, especially towards the end when all the cool stuff happened. Def has some intense and spooky spots! 15 hours and 50 mins. at 1.65x.
- Ain’t Love a Witch? – Been meaning to get back to this cozy series! It’s not the best but it’s quirky and fun and I needed that to break up the above reads…lol. 5 hrs and 18 mins. at 1.65x.
- The Language of Ghost – This was a fun middle grade fantasy and a nice break from mysteries. 🙂 Comes out in September.
- Girl, Unframed – I will get this finished one day…lol. I am about 53 pages into it and not a lot is happening yet.
- Devolution – Same for this one except I am 71 pages into it. I am hoping something cool happens soon cause I am bored.
- Lola Benko, Treasure Hunter – This is for a blog tour so I am giving myself plenty of time to finish since I get distracted by audiobooks…lol. I am only 4% into it.
- Heartless – I am 3 hours from finishing it and I am liking it.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?
Color Street News
So finding it rather hard to get anyone I know to host a party which is a real bummer since that is how I make my money. Snagging people they know for other parties…lol. My only party this month so far is on the 22nd and she seems really excited so I think that one will go well. She said her mother is really interested in the product! So fingers crossed for that party! Trying not to get discouraged as I am still pretty new at this and well I just don’t have a lot of friends to bother…lol.
In case you ever want to try the product without a party here is my shop link!