The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
First off, I can’t believe June is almost over!!!
Weather is getting hotter and dryer. They keep saying rain but we don’t get it. I think summer is in full effect here. I wanted no rain but a few showers now and then might not be to bad…lol. Especially now I have a garden! Just not every day like we was getting.
Gardening news! Lots of green tomatoes now if they live long enough to turn red and don’t get all ate up or rot I will be happy!
Zucchini! I have two finally, I was getting worried. Look at that little zuc so cute…lol.
Since it’s summertime and I read a killer animal book it’s got me back in a killer animal movie mood…lol. Watched two yesterday.Watched Scream of the Wolf (turned out to be kind of killer animal/human combo and kind of boring 70’s one) then Claw (about a bear and not as boring 70’s one) on youtube the place I get most my free old horror flicks. 🙂 Then because it was in my feed I watched Killdozer from the 70’s too, it was meh about a killer bulldozer…lol.
That’s all I have to report! Happy reading and stay safe!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [21 Jun] The Week In Review #305
- [22 Jun] Book Review: Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh
- [23 Jun] TTT ~ Books on My Summer 2020 TBR
- [23 Jun] Left Fur Dead by J.M. Griffin ★★★★
- [23 Jun] Who's Dead, Doc? by J.M. Griffin ★★★★
- [24 Jun] Waiting on Wednesday ~Young Adult edition
- [24 Jun] "With This Memo" by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [25 Jun] The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones ★★
- [26 Jun] Friday Meme’s ~ Unready Queen
- [26 Jun] Book Review: “That Lip Ring…” by Nalini Singh
- [27 Jun] Changeless by Gail Carriger ★★★★
Books I have added
Okay after this haul I really must stay off Netgalley and Edelweiss (if I can)…lol.
- Peace Talks – So I think I squealed when I got approved. I would rather have the audio but I figured it will be a while till I could get my hands on it and I wanted this now! ) I so can’t wait to read this!!! It’s probably going to be SOON!
- The Shadow Bird – You will see this on my upcoming anticipated reads post! It’s about a woman who almost declines evaluating a man who was locked up for killing his family when he was 17, now she thinks he might not have done it.
- The Tinderbox – A sci-fi/fantasy which is not my normal jam but um it was written by Lou Diamond Phillips so have to try it!
- Murder in the East End – One of my favorite series so I am excited to get to #4! Kids are going missing in a foundling hospital and Kat Holloway is investigating, I am sure Daniel will show up (he better show up…lol)
- Lies, Lies, Lies – A domestic thriller about a not so great marriage, then finally have a kid, but there are some secrets.
- The Bitterwine Oath – Every fifty years, a cult claims twelve men to murder in a small Texas town. Can one girl end the cycle of violence – and save the boy who broke her heart? And just look at that cover!
Finished copy from publisher
Books read last week
Read one listened to four, audiobooks are winning!
- On This, The Day of the Pig – It’s about an evil pig named Pearl and he can get in your mind and make you do things!
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder – This was a quick listen and very good! A girl is doing a project for school about a murder that happened 5 years ago and tries to figure out who done it.
- Mary Underwater – A cute coming of age story about a young girl in a bad home situation who is a huge fan of Joan of Arc and engineering and builds a small sub with the help of an adult and a boy who likes her.
- Death Overdue – Cute cozy mystery about a lady who works in a library and a ghost that seems to live in the library.
- Nightblood – An old vampire novel that was much better in my opinion than Salem’s Lot. 🙂
- Who’s Dead, Doc – Second book in the Jules and Bun cozy series. Super cute and talking rabbit! 🙂
- The Amelia Six – I should finish this one up this week, just been in the middle of to many books!
- The Unready Queen – Just starting this one so about 10% or so and so far it’s okay.
- The Dead Girls Club – Just getting into this one too but so far I am enjoying it.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?