The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Another slightly dull week and I think I have decided to no longer watch the news.
It has been pretty hot here but not as bad as it could be. I worked in my garden and got everything planted that I wanted too so hopefully something happens. My garden is way behind but better late than never. On my two larger tomato plants that I put in pots about a month ago have at least 6 small green tomatoes between the two so yay!
I watched Artemis Fowl when it dropped on Friday and it wasn’t bad, it was definitely different. I also watched an animated movie called The Willoughbys which I found to be utterly stupid and well I admit I didn’t pay much attention to it as it was silly. Other than that nothing new just the normal background tv shows that I normally watch.
So my cousin talked me into hosting a color street nail bar party on Facebook this coming Wednesday. If you would like to attend let me know your facebook name and I can send you an invite. They are really cool press on nail polish strips. If you can’t attend or don’t like doing parties feel free to check out the nails here and you can order if you would like. 🙂
Have a safe and happy week and read a bunch!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [7 Jun] The Week In Review #303
- [8 Jun] Rock Courtship by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [10 Jun] Waiting on Wednesday ~ What I’m Looking For ~ Bonus Author Interview
- [10 Jun] First Shot by John Ryder ★★★
- [10 Jun] "Rock Courtship Memo"s by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [11 Jun] The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny ★★★★
- [11 Jun] How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny ★★★
- [11 Jun] The Long Way Home by Louise Penny ★★★½
- [12 Jun] Friday Meme’s ~The Amelia Six
- [12 Jun] The Blacksmith Queen by G.A. Aiken
- [13 Jun] Monthly Report ~May
Books I have added
- Murder at Queen’s Landing – I have loved the first two and I really need to read the third so maybe getting the fourth one will get me on the ball about reading them both! I love a good historical mystery!
- Chili Cauldron Curse – First in the Kitchen Witch Mystery series and even though I really don’t need to start a new cozy series this is one of my favorite cozy authors and it sounds super cute.
Books read last week
- First Shot – This was okay but slightly dull.
- Ghostly Serenade – This is the 13th book in the Shelby Nichols series and just as fun as the others! It’s kind of like an adventurous cozy mystery with a bit of mind reading thrown in. 🙂 It’s always a lot of fun!
- The Long Way Home – Slightly better than the last one and #10 in the series. I have 5 more to go to catch up!
- What I’m Looking For – This was a fun nostalgic rom com set in the 80’s. Nerdy numbers girls and hot actor/bartender.
- Artemis Fowl – Since this was coming to Disney + I thought I should tackle at least the first book. I found it to be slightly confusing as you get thrown into this weird world of fairies. The movie helped make it not so confusing…lol. 🙂
- Death in the Family – I think I like the idea of close circle mysteries more than the execution of them. This was okay.
As you can see Audiobooks rule! Did lots of gardening…lol.
- The Only Good Indians – I am slightly bored and 30% into it but Barb tells me it gets better so I am doing my best to push through or I might have quit…lol.
- On This, The Day of the Pig – Much better than the one above! The pig is so cool and evil. Only on page 45 but it reads pretty fast when I let myself read it. Sort of reading it when the above one bores me to much. 🙂
- The Duchess Deal – I just started this one last night but so far it’s really good and a lot of fun! I just love humorous historical romances. 🙂 I made it to about 2 and a half hours into so far and it makes me laugh!
- Changless – Also just starting this one. It’s a relisten and good so far.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?