The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Another boring week where I lost track of the days was was a day behind for most of the week! So dad had his first diabetic appointment since C19 happened, I had to stay in the car. Then I opted to join a weight loss competition that my doctor is putting on to help get ride of C19 added pounds. Hoping it might restart my vigger to lose weight because well like most this stupid virus put a damper on the drive to eat healthy. I got moody and depressed and didn’t care and I need to get back into it. So Wednesday I went to my doctor to weigh in and the contest will go through August. There is a prize but have no clue what it is I just needed a reason to not want a cheeseburger! 😉
Started working a little on a garden. It’s a bit late but here it’s either been to cold or to rainy so it’s put a lot of that stuff back but I do have some tomato plants in tubes that have tiny green maters! I am trying to transplant some plants but man for as much water as we have gotten you would think the ground would be softer! A friend of ours gave us some broccoli, cabbage and more tomato plants that look a bit pittiful but maybe if I baby them they will grow! If not they were free…lol.
Started watching Outer Banks but I guess I wasn’t that captured by it as I listened to an audiobook after a couple episodes…lol.
Weather wise it’s HOT! To hot for this time of the year but thankfully next week goes back into the mid 80’s.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [31 May] The Week In Review #302
- [1 Jun] Love Hard by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [2 Jun] TTT ~ Books that Give Off Summer Vibes
- [3 Jun] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Cozy Mystery Edition
- [3 Jun] Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [4 Jun] Mesmerized by Candace Camp ★★★
- [4 Jun] A Dangerous Love by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★
- [5 Jun] The Fallen Girls by Kathryn Casey ★★★★
- [5 Jun] "Music Awards" by Nalini Singh ★★★½
Books I have added
- The Raven – A book about stupid people who find out creatures where once real and the DNA still in humans so they unleash that side of humans. And a man with no special powers must try and stay alive. 🙂
- The Nesting – A nanny takes a job and might regret it…lol. You might have seen this on one of my Wow’s.
- The Silence – I read the first in this series earlier this year and enjoyed it so thought I would try the next one. Though I was hoping it had Zander in it but this one seems to go back to a couple from the series this series spun off from so hope I like it! (Hope he is in it and just not mentioned in the blurb…lol)
Books read last week
- The Fallen Girls – This was an interesting mystery set in a polygamy community which was something I haven’t read about.
- City of the Lost – This was a strange mystery that I enjoyed for the most part even if it was really weird…lol.
- Daughter of the Pirate King – To be honest I wasn’t a huge fan of this till about the last couple hours of listening to it then it got kind of cool. So it was okay. (Only listened to this because I had to ‘steal’ a book from another booktuber’s TBR for the bandit prompt on a readathon called Make Your Myth Taker and this was the only one I could find that I thought I might like…lol)
- Pulp Friction – Second book in the Cider Shop Mysteries and it was good. I love the cats names, Dolly and Kenny Rogers. 🙂
- First Shot – Hope something cool happens soon cause not really feeling this one and it’s a tour book for the 10th and I really need to read it but I keep reading other things…lol. Only 18% into it so I need to kick it in gear!
- On This, The Day of the Pig – Reading this one for Make Your Myth Taker readathon for prompt dark cover. Also I started a TBR jar and pulled Book given to me and Barb gave this to me and I have been wanting to try it! Evil pig, nuff said. 🙂
- The Long Way Home – Trying to make my way through this series and I am a little curious about how this one will go since I wasn’t a fan of events in last books. Just started it.
- Ghostly Serenade – Shelby!!! I really like this series and I am buddy reading it with Berls from Because Reading. Almost finished.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?