The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Another week down in the doom and gloom of social distancing but I think our state is opening up some things!
I know Hardees is opening it’s lobby on Monday and of course dad can’t wait to go and visit with friends as that was his usual morning routine and of course I will go with him. I am not a social butterfly but even I missed the morning routine. Curious to see how things go. Update: Evidently the big honchos of Hardees will not let ours open up till JUNE!!! So back to my hovel of boredom. This is me trying not to rant.
Our church is going back inside as well but things will be different still. They will only allow so many in the sanctuary (first come first serve), then let some stay in the lobby and watch on facebook live. They will put some in the fellowship hall with facebook live and you can sit out in your car if you don’t want to go in and listen to it on the radio. I will be in children’s church so we shall see how that goes. We can wear mask if we want but I am pretty sure hardly anyone will be wearing them. They did say if you are a high risk to wear them.
This was from our first time having a service outside, took pic from my car.
Dad is determined to build me a greenhouse (though I think I will be doing most the building as he is 72 and not as spry as he thinks he is!) I spent a lot of time this week working on the area as it had my old garden beds. I had to get them up and out of the way which was not easy (thankfully my bro came over and helped), then my brother helped use the tractor and tried to flatten the area out. My arms and really just upper body hurts, not use to such things…lol.
This is where my greenhouse will be so maybe by next year I will be having garden plants…lol.
The weather here has been kind of hot for this time of year and that just makes storms which I get anxiety over and do not like. It’s supposed to have stormed last night and this morning but I am praying it goes away!
I got super rambly this week! Stay safe and happy reading! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [3 May] The Week In Review #298
- [4 May] Book Review: In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire ★★★
- [4 May] Monthly Report ~ April
- [6 May] Golden in Death by J.D. Robb ★★
- [6 May] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Bickery Twins and the Phoenix Tear
- [7 May] All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban ★★★
- [7 May] Clique Bait by Ann Valett ★★★
- [7 May] Redemption Prep by Samuel Miller ★★
- [8 May] Friday Meme’s ~ Slug Queen Chronicles
- [8 May] Honor Lost by Rachel Caine ★★★★½
Books I have added
- The Fallen Girls – A Detectives sister is missing so she goes back to a place she never wanted to go again, home. Got this one for a blog tour and I normally enjoy Bookoutures books so hope I like this one. 🙂
Books read last week
- Hood Academy – Sort of your typical run of the mill YA paranormal book. I thought it was okay but had some slow moving parts that dragged it down.
- All Your Twisted Secrets – Another typical YA book but this time mystery/thriller. It was okay but not great.
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost – A cute contemporary middle grade book about blending families and making new friends.
- Killer Characters – Just don’t even get me started on how much I hated the ending to this series. Lets just say not a cozy ending!
- Every Heart a Doorway – I wasn’t a huge fan of this like a lot of readers I know but it was okay. The mystery definitely saved it.
- Lost Books and Old Bones – The third book in the Scottish Bookshop series and I picked this series to catch up on in May (3 books) and I am have about 5 hours left and I am enjoying it. I just love a book set in Scotland…sigh.
- Burn the Dark – You might have seen this on my list before because I was listening to it on Scribd, and in typical tick me off fashion on that site, they kicked it off before I had finished listening too it but miraculously it’s back after I paid for another month! So hopefully I can finish it this time as I was almost half done.
- The Slug Queen Chronicles – Needed a middle grade cause that is my mood and not sure about it yet as I just started it. All I know is a girl sees things in colors.
- Titan’s Day – It’s that time when I just can’t settle on a book so picked this one up and I am about 12% into it and it’s okay so far.
- A Very English Murder – This wasn’t holding my attention which is why I tried the books above…lol. I think I am only about 15% or so into it.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?