The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not much happened this week. I helped my dad build a cabinet for some of our kitchen supplies and then had to rearrange the kitchen to make room for it so spring cleaning has begun and it about wore me out…lol. Because I did a lot of cleaning I also did a lot of audiobook listening. 🙂
Didn’t really watch anything besides the normal background tv noise which is usually Hallmark Movies and Mystery channel.
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [8 Mar] The Week In Review #290
- [9 Mar] Imaginary Numbers by Seanan McGuire ★★★★
- [10 Mar] Prologue to Murder by Lauren Elliott ★★★½
- [10 Mar] Murder in the First Edition by Lauren Elliott ★★★
- [11 Mar] Movie Spotlight: The Grizzlies ~ Giveaway
- [11 Mar] "Follow the Lady" by Seanan McGuire ★★★★
- [13 Mar] Friday Meme’s ~ Kindness Goes Unpunished
- [13 Mar] Princess of the Sword by Lynn Kurland ★★★★★
- [14 Mar] Winterhouse by Ben Guterson ★★★★
Books I have added
- A Very English Murder – Move over Miss Marple, there’s a new sleuth in town! Meet Eleanor Swift: distinguished adventurer, dog lover, dignified lady… daring detective? – Doesn’t this sound good! I couldn’t help myself even though I don’t need to start another series!
- A Beautiful Place to Die – I enjoyed the Hallmark version of this book so when I seen it was only 1.99 (still is I think) I decided to grab it. From the goodreads blurb I can already tell it’s going to be a bit different so I am curious how much they changed when making the movie version. 🙂
Books read last week
- Framed – I started this audiobook on Sunday and finished it on the same day. It was only 5 hours and the narrator was great and it went real quick. Cute MG story about a boy who helps the FBI because he is good at observing things using his T.O.A.S.T method (To Observe All Small Things).
- The Wishing Spell – Another cute MG story about a brother and sister who get sucked into a story book and land in the land of stories where fairytale characters are real. It was another fairly quick listen as well at about 8 hours.
- Murder on the Links – I listened to this one while following along in the book till I had to take it back to the library then just finished up listening to it. I really liked the narrator for this one and it was only about 5 hours to listen to it.
- Winterhouse – This was probably my favorite of the MG books I listened to this week. It was a mystery set in a cool house with some sinister people, a magical book and a curious girl. It was a 9 hour book and went quickly with a great narrator.
- The Roo – The one book I actually read this week…lol. It was also a very quick read since it was only about 135 pages or so. It could have been better if the author didn’t seem to think the only word they people in the Outback know is the F word in every way you can think to say it! 🙁 Take that out and I think the people couldn’t speak! Great giant killer Kangaroo though!
- The Dark Corners of the Night – I really want to read this one but for some reason I am not much in the mood for it. I think I am just in a huge Middle Grade reading kick as I go for them before the mysteries right now…lol. I am liking it though and I am about 22% into it.
- The Book of Boy – Not my favorite MG I am reading right now but it’s okay. It’s different. I am about 20% or so.
- The Last Dragon – I a have been working on this one for a while but kept putting it down to read something else but since I have book three now I am determined to finish it now and I really am enjoying it. 🙂 On page 176 of 372 so I will finish it this week.
- Let the Dead Keep Their Secrets – Currently listening to this one and only just started it so still about 8 hours left but I am enjoying it. It’s the third book in this series and I see there is also a fourth one that I didn’t know about so I have gotten behind on a series, story of my life…lol.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?