The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not a whole lot going on here to talk about and I am good with that! Still some crazy weather going on and by the looks of next weeks forcast it’s going to be really cold and then I might need a boat by the end of the week with three days of rain coming! I have never been so tired of rain, I bet last year was the wettest year we have had in a while and it looks like it’s continuing into this year…blah.
So let’s see what have I watched. Watched Captain Marvel which was okay, then Aladdin which was better than I thought it would be. I watched a strange show on Acorn TV called Going Postal which was adapted from a Terry Pratchett series in the Discworld (never read any of that series), but the show had a favorite actor in it so watched it and it wasn’t bad. Still watching Deputy and Lincoln Rhymes and all I can say is good thing there are apps because I am so use to streaming that I forget about regularly scheduled programing…lol. Watched the new Martha’s Vineyard mystery show on Hallmark M&M. Have I said how HAPPY I am that my mysteries are back on the Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel even if they have to put a
stupid Christmas movie on on Thursdays! (Like we didn’t have enough of them already!)
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [19 Jan] The Week In Review #283
- [20 Jan] The Hero by Lee Child ★★★
- [21 Jan] Project Duchess by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★½
- [22 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Peace Talks
- [22 Jan] Blue Moon by Lee Child ★★
- [23 Jan] The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson ★★★
- [24 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~ The Bachelor
- [24 Jan] Wild Cat by Christine Feehan ★★
- [25 Jan] The Bachelor by Sabrina Jeffries ★★★★½
Books I have added
Trying to be so good but it’s only semi working but one is not bad! 🙂
- The Secret of White Stone Gate – Not even sure I should have grabbed this one but I was kind of curious. See I wasn’t a super fan of the first book but I guess I am having high hopes for the second one. 🙂
Books read last week
- Cold Nose, Warm Heart – I thought this was a pretty decent contemporary romance. I loved that it featured dogs in it and that they were a prominent part of the story.
- Project Duchess – I think I have been really missing Historical Romances as I really enjoy this one! Sabrina Jeffries is one of my favorite authors and still is! Buddy read this one with Berls, but I kind of got ahead of her as I couldn’t wait to finish…lol.
- Clowns vs. Spiders – This was kind of meh and I really wanted it to be cool…lol. Not scare, not even gory and not even much action fighting spiders.
- The Dog Who Knew Too Much – Book 6 in one of my favorite pet themed cozies and I am happy to be caught back up again!
Yes, I am still reading all the books! 🙂
- The Cold Dish – So I am not hating it but it’s a bit dull and rambly at times. I like the characters especially Henry and Vic. It’s a lot different than the show and I am trying to keep that in mind. I am not a huge fan of the authors writing style it’s choppy and confusing at times. Thankfully it’s gotten a bit more interesting and I am 65% in.
- The Magnificent Monsters of Cedar Street – I am about 35% in and it’s okay but hopefully it will get a bit more interesting. The monsters are cool though!
- We Are Monsters – Just getting started so no real opinion yet.
- Gunslinger – A little confusing at least to me and kind of slow. Hope it gets better.
- Memories and Murder – Just starting this today as a buddy read for a COYER readathon!
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?