The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
OMG! What is up with this January weather! I know it’s not just where I am as I seen that nasty storm that hit us go on to do lots of damage elsewhere but what the heck! Tornados in January is not right! In a 24 hour span we went from nasty storms though got luck and the tornado stuff didn’t hit us but got close, then freezing rain, then snow. (I don’t want to think of what all that rain would have been if it was snow instead!)
So not a lot but weird weather happening here. Dad’s nose its back to normal he can now blow and is so happy…lol. He has to do that neti pot type thing though he has a bottle and he says that is very weird. He is very happy to be able to breathe correctly now.
So I watched the new Dracula on Netflix and well I can’t say I am that impressed. It was three hour and a half episodes, and they are not sure if there is to be a second and with the way it ended I guess it could go either way depending on what they do, but I wasn’t a fan of the ending. I watched the first episode of Lincoln Rhymes: Hunt for the Bone Collector and I think I am going to like it and I really need to read that series! I also watched the first two episodes of Deputy that is on Fox and it’s a little in your face political on a few things that make me roll my eyes but other than that it’s not to bad.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [12 Jan] The Week In Review #282
- [13 Jan] Lane's End by Jill Paterson ★★★★
- [14 Jan] Mindy Kim and the Yummy Seaweed Business by Lyla Lee, Dung Ho ★★★★
- [15 Jan] Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair
- [16 Jan] The Janes by Louisa Luna ★★★★½
- [17 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~ The Cold Dish
- [17 Jan] A Palm for Mrs Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman ★★★★
- [18 Jan] Cold Nose, Warm Heart by Mara Wells ★★★½
Books I have added
Books read last week
- The Janes – A bit slow to start but a very good read! I enjoyed book one and now book two so I think it’s official this is a new favorite series.
- A Ghostly Undertaking – Always wanted to try this series so I am glad it’s now on audio!
- Sense and Sensibility – A mediocre Austen book for me, but still enjoyable. I did this as a reread and buddy read for the COYER RAT about honoring lost friends by reading something on their goodreads list.
- Project Duchess – Still working on this buddy read. Berls and I put it to the side to do the COYER readathon but I can’t wait to get back to it.
- Cold Nose, Warm Heart – It’s decent fluff and not to bad so far. I am about 35% into it.
- The Cold Dish – This is Barb and I’s pick for a buddy read. The book is so much different than the show but I hope we enjoy it. Only on chapter 3.
- Clowns vs. Spiders – I am not sure about this one but it’s a short audio and I was curious…lol. I haven’t gotten to the good part where the clowns go up against the spiders but better them than me!! Only about an hour into this one.
What might be up next
- We are Monsters – My spot for the tour is at the end of the month but I want to get it started now.
- The Magnificent Monsters of Cedar Street – Want to get started on February reads.
- The Stand – It’s time to finish this book off and read the third second for Barb and I’s buddy read.
How was your week? What did you get?