The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
The month is speeding by and I am not ready I have to many things I want to read to wrap up some things…lol. Also dad has to have surgery on his nose on the 31st so we had to go to a pre-surgery appointment and learn about all the things he must do beforehand and what pills he can take, etc. Good thing they give you the list as I can’t remember anything it was an hour worth of chit chat and this and that…lol. The worse thing is his dogs can’t sleep with him and they are too old to go upstairs with me (afraid they would fall down the stairs) so I might end up sleeping on the couch with dogs so they don’t whine all night for a couple days…ugh.
Other than that not much going on. The weather at the beginning of the week was pretty cold but then it turned off warm or warm for this time of the year. 🙂 It has been in the 50’s. I feel like mother nature is teasing me and if I let my guard down she will hit me with the nasty weather! :\
Since Christmas will happen before the next Sunday Post I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [16 Dec] All You Need by Lorelei James ★★★★½
- [17 Dec] 2020 Anticipated Books (Jan-March)
- [18 Dec] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Goodbye Man
- [18 Dec] The Night Agent by Matthew Quirk ★★★★
- [19 Dec] Review of Iron and Magic ~ Two Bloggers One Series
- [20 Dec] Friday Meme’s ~ Good Girls Lie
- [20 Dec] "Romancing Drew" by Nalini Singh ★★★½
- [22 Dec] The Week In Review #279
Books I have added
- The Dark Corners of the Night – You have probably seen this one a couple times on my blog already in a WoW post and my anticipated reads! I was so excited to have been approved for this one!!! Comes out in February.
- The Magnificent Monsters of Cedar Street – This one was also on my anticipated reads list so I was glad to be able to grab it. It comes out in February as well.
- Clown in a Cornfield – I blame Michelle from Because Reading on this one! 😉 She is such an enabler! 🙂 This one looks a lot like a campy 80’s horror! It comes out in August.
Got some bookish gifts but I am waiting till next post to put them on here.
Books read last week
- Puppy Christmas – Such a cute seasonal romance! I love this series and can’t wait for another one to come out!
- Cold Days – #14 in the Dresden Files series and while I am not sure if I am a fan of how this series has gone since Changes (#12) I still enjoyed it.
- Killer Bridal Party – The second book in the Firefly Junction mystery series and it was another short cute one!
- Good Girls Lie – Okay, I really must start this one up again as my review date is coming up fast! I am 34% and it’s still really slow! 🙁 Hopefully it has an awesome ending!
- The Stand – Oh man, some chapters in this book are so dull! I managed to get the audio from overdrive and it sure has been helping me plow through the boring parts! 🙂 Larry’s chapters are just so dull but other than that it’s not been real bad. Over half way through it!
- Magic Triumphs – I really couldn’t help myself and had to start this one! 🙂 Barb and I are going to try and get this one done before the end of the year! I am 25% into it and enjoying it!
- Skin Game – #15 and it will get me caught up so trying hard to get it done this month! (So excited to see that a new one will be coming out next year! One hasn’t been published since 2014!) I have listened to a couple hours and so 12 more to go!
What might be up next
- The Janes – Yep it’s still waiting for me to get a chance to read it! 🙂 Actually I have kind of started it but backed it down to next up as I really must get those others above done. 😉
- Project Duchess – COYER this go around is featuring buddy reads and I am going to read this with Berls! 🙂 Let me know when your ready!
How was your week? What did you get?