The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not much to report this last week. It was just an average week with temps being fairly decent for December. I think I am ready for al the holiday hoopla to be over and I am officially tired of Christmas movies! I have started using the Travel Channel or ID channel for my background noise!
I haven’t watched anything new except for a few episodes of Castle Rock, it’s such a weird show.
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [8 Dec] The Week In Review #277
- [9 Dec] Final Option by Clive Cussler, Boyd Morrison ★★★★
- [10 Dec] A Killer Keepsake by Ellery Adams ★★★★
- [10 Dec] Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny ★★★★
- [11 Dec] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Vanishing
- [11 Dec] "Christmas in the Kitchen" by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [12 Dec] Death in the Park by London Lovett ★★★★
- [13 Dec] Friday Meme’s ~ Snowball
- [13 Dec] "Stalking Hawke" by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [14 Dec] Favorite reads of 2019
Books I have added
- Cold Nose, Warm Heart – A dog centered contemporary romance is probably my favorite kind so I couldn’t pass this up when I got an email about it. 🙂 Comes out in January.
Books read last week
- There’s a Murder Afoot – I think this is probably my favorite in this series so far! It takes place in London at a Sherlock Holmes convention. I do wish Violet was in it more but alas the doggie was left back home. This is book #5 comes out in January so yay one book for next year down!
- Bury Your Dead – I enjoyed this one and it had a lot going on. Some things from the previous book are in this one which I was interested in seeing how that settled. My goal for next year is to try and catch up on this series! This is book #6.
- A Killer Keepsake – Trying to catch up on this series and I enjoyed this one. I don’t think I have read/listened to a series by this author I haven’t enjoyed! 🙂 This is book #6.
- Casper Tock and the Everdark Wings – This is a cute adventure book for young readers. A magical world opened up after Casper hid in a grandfather clock. Full of weird creatures and fun adventures. I am about 200 pages into it so hope to finish it soon.
- Iron and Magic – Barb and I decided to read this one first instead of finishing out the Kate Daniel series (don’t worry we will do it in January) and so far it’s okay. It’s hard to try and like Hugh after all the things he has done in the Kate Daniel series but I sure like Elara! I am about 40% into it.
- Good Girls Lie – I am struggling a bit with this one and even though I must read it for a tour I put it to the side to read the others but I need to pick it up again. I am 15% into it and it’s just really slow and slightly confusing.
- The Stand (part 2) – Yep, Barb and I are working on the second part our buddy read of this one. Just starting it and on page 420 and need to get to 700 and something.
- Cold Days – Book 14 in the Dresden Files series and boy it’s a long one but I hope to make good progress with it. Currently about a couple hours into it and it’s almost 19 hours!! Gheesh I think it’s the longest one yet!
What might be up next
- The Janes – Can’t wait to get to this one! I really liked the first book in this series. I am doing good with getting to my January reads early.
- Snowball – Another January read and Barb really liked it so I need to get to it! So many books I want to read like right now!!
- The Last Sister – Must squeeze this one in for a tour.
- Skin Games – If I get this one done I will be caught up with this series and I am so excited!
How was your week? What did you get?