The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Snow is in our forecast and I am not ready! I have been lucky so far when the snow was in the forecast it went away but this I don’t think is going to but what really gets me is the fact that today is going to be 69 and then tomorrow 34 and snowing! I mean really mother nature get your act together! 🙂 Okay enough of me complaining about are not so fall fall weather. 😉
So it’s time for another weightloss update. If this don’t interest you skip to the books. 🙂 So y’all know I am doing the keto
diet lifestyle and I have had my ups and downs. I know I could have done better but at the same time I don’t want to lose to fast or I will have really bad saggy skin. So slower doesn’t bother me much. I know I am currently weigh at a number that I can’t even remember being so probably in High School or thereabouts! So I am proud of myself! So drum roll please……. After 10 months on Keto I am 284 and that means I have lost 70 pounds and I did measurements today and lost 39.5 inches!!! 🙂 *happy dance* I still have over a hundred pounds to go but I am getting there. My goal right now is to be 80 or more down by the start of the new year. Not putting a lot of pressure on myself these last two months of the year. (Holiday madness!)
I can finally see the changes myself and every time I look at this pic I see something new that makes me go wow, I really have been doing it! I am losing this weight! I still hate that pooch in the front there but I know that belly fat is hard to lose. Though I did lose a couple inches from there finally! 🙂 I won’t say that we are strict with keto as we have cheated. I don’t call them cheats and I don’t beat myself up about them. I call them treat days and I know I am going to be doing it and then my next meal is a keto meal and I just keep going. I have learned to make new treats and meals I don’t mind eating. The drawback is I hate cooking…lol.
I have made pizzas (fat head dough = almond flour, mozzarella cheese, egg and cream cheese), my own hamburger buns, revamped some sweet treats.
I have never been big on cooking so finding easy recipes online have been great. Most of the time I do my own experiments on sweet treats but I have gotten some online too. It’s amazing what you can make keto friendly! Let me know if you would be interested in some separate post about keto things and recipes. I could give it a whirl. 🙂
So enough gabbing about that on to what I watched which wasn’t a lot but just normal background noise things but I did catch a couple new Hallmark Christmas shows but I am watching more Lifetime right now than Hallmark as they made me made taking my mysteries off early. 🙂 I am finding out my favorite Hallmark actors are on Lifetime too…lol. I watched a couple horror movies one called The Breed about genetically altered dogs and Crocodile about a vengeful croc who was upset when some idiots messed up her eggs. It had a dog in it and I will tell you I rooted for the dogs survival more than the people! 🙂 I discovered that Filmrise now has a channel on Sling and it has a variety of things where I found a couple of old tv series I remember growing up so been watching them, Hunter and The Greatest American Hero!
Okay on to the books! Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [10 Nov] The Week In Review #273
- [11 Nov] Monthly Report ~October
- [11 Nov] Bloody Genius by John Sandford ★★★★
- [12 Nov] Those Who Came Before by J.H. Moncrieff ★★★★½
- [13 Nov] The New Iberia Blues by James Lee Burke ★
- [14 Nov] A Riesling to Die by J.C. Eaton ★★★
- [15 Nov] Friday Meme’s ~ Snow Creek
Books I have added
Nothing from Netgalley or Edelweiss!!!
I did get a surprise in the mail the other day!
- Casper Tock and the Everdark Wings – This surprise turned up the other day from Simon and Schuster! It sounds super cute and a bit like a Narnia adventure but with a grandfather clock instead of a wardrobe. My first print 2020 books!
I also received something cool and bookish to review but I forgot to post it on here so going to now since I have my phone hooked up and the pictures are on there…lol.
- Harry Potter Crochet Set – It even comes with a wand crochet hook! It comes with the string to make Dobby and Harry and I must start working on this soon…lol. I know a little about crocheting so hopefully I can figure these out. 🙂
Books read last week
- Those Who Came Before – This was a Native American folklore horror and I really liked it!
- A Riesling to Die – It was an okay start to a series but I kind of thought the MC was annoying and a bit of an idiot at times but maybe she will grow on me! I really love this duo authors first series so hope this one turns out better. I am binging this series this month for the Can you read a series in a month challenge, so glad I got one down only three to go!
- The Face of Fear – Still not real far into this one and not real sure what I think of it yet. It’s one of Koontz early works and the writing isn’t the best, but it’s for my 5 Decades of Horror Challenge read a book from the 1970’s so hopefully it will pick up soon. I am only 28% into it.
- Snow Creek – I will be honest there are just parts in there that I prefer where not in it and it’s a personal preference thing but it’s dragging down my enjoyment of this book. If it wasn’t for a tour I would probably DNF it and be done but I will continue on and maybe I will like it enough to overlook things I don’t care for. I am about 32% into this one.
- Chardonnayed to Rest – I just started it and only a chapter into it, so nothing to report.
- Ninth House – I don’t know about this one, not really feeling it but haven’t given it a lot of time. Still only about 4 hours into it with about 13 more to go!
- Apple Cider Slaying – I am enjoying this one so far and only started it yesterday but I got about two hours into it. I am listening to it for the HOHOHORAT! It’s the only book I have planned for that readathon…lol. Better than nothing! 🙂
- The Stand – This will be a three month ongoing buddy read with Barb. We are reading it in three sections and I have started on it but not prioritized it yet.
What might be up next
Reading plenty right now but if I decide to through in another one!
How was your week? What did you get?