The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! I didn’t do anything like normal but watch some movies…lol. I live out in the sticks so I don’t have to worry about pesky kids wanting candy. 🙂
We seem to be having a lot of prewinter weather instead of fall! Lows in the 20’s is not fall weather! We didn’t get the snow they had in the forecast thank goodness but that snowflake on my weather app keeps threatening me! This week is a tiny heatwave of temps in the 50’s and 60’s but lows are still pretty cold. 🙁
So dad got another vehicle and lets hope this one holds up for more than a few weeks before breaking down! He doesn’t have the best of luck with used cars. 🙁 It is the newest one we have ever had and it’s a 2005 Hyundai Tucson and for us it’s fancy! It has heated seats and defrost for the side mirrors! 🙂
So I watched a couple movies this week. I caught the Syfy original called The Banana Splits Movie and it was sort of a cheesy slasher movie but it wasn’t bad. It was about Mechanical animals from a tv show go on a killing spree cause they don’t want to be cancelled. On Halloween I always watch the old Wolf Man movie as it was a tradition that I had with my mother.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [28 Oct] "A Gift for Kit" by Nalini Singh ★★★
- [30 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ 36 Righteous Men
- [30 Oct] Ranger Security by Rhonda Russell ★★★½
- [30 Oct] Beneath London's Fog by Iona Caldwell ★★
- [31 Oct] The Journals of Octavia Hollows Audio Blitz
- [31 Oct] Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [1 Nov] Slash by Hunter Shea ★★★★½
- [1 Nov] A Better Man by Louise Penny ★★★★★
- [3 Nov] The Week In Review #272
Books I have added
- The Vanishing Season – So I wouldn’t have gotten anything this week if it wasn’t for the publisher giving me this book via netgalley for a wish I guess I wished for back in 2017 since that is when this book came out!!! Don’t get me wrong it sounds really good but they are three books into this series and I just now get book one. Hmmmm. It’s about a female officer who knows a thing or two about serial killers because she was almost victim number seventeen of a killer when she was younger. So sound good but just strange that I am just not getting it now.
Books read last week
- Magic Shifts – Book 8 in the Kate Daniels series and it was really good. Not one of my favorites but still had a lot of good qualities like lots of Curran and some fun humor. See last weeks review for more. 🙂
- Slash – This was an interesting take on a slasher book and I really liked it! Shea continues to be one of my favorite horror authors! See last weeks review for more. 🙂
- Ghost Story – I know your probably thinking what, I thought you read that a while back, well I started it but then because the narrator was different I wasn’t motivated to finish it and I was 5 hours from finishing when it went back on overdrive and I just got it back. So I finished it and it was decent but not a favorite. Curious about the next one though.
- Those Who Came Before – I have a blog tour for this one soon so trying to get ahead of the game instead of waiting till like two days before…lol. I am 82 pages in and it’s pretty good so far. This one is a horror and I think it’s going to have some Native American folklore in it.
- Snow Creek – Another blog tour book but later in the month but getting a jump on it too. This one is a British crime novel and I am only about 11% into it but it’s okay.
- Ninth House – Didn’t get much time with this one and it’s like 16 hours and I am only 13.8 hours in so all I can say is it’s okay as not much has happened, just a lot of background stuff.
What might be up next
- The Face of Fear – Doing a 5 decades of horror challenge from booktube and so this is my 1970’s pick unless I don’t like it I do have a back up…lol.
- A Riesling to Die – First book for the finishing a series in a month challenge because I like to torture myself with challenges it seems…lol.
- Apple Cider Slaying – I will kick of the Ho Ho Ho readathon with this one!
How was your week? What did you get?