The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Hello everyone! Is it spring yet! I know I am a broken record but I am so over this time of the year. My fall isn’t a fall it’s prewinter and freezing!!!!!! There is even snow in next weeks forcast which I hope goes away! It’s been so wet this year that I am really worried about snow this year and that we might get a lot of of it. It’s just dad and I here and he is 71 so that means I have to do a lot of the digging us out if it snows to much and nope, I am ready for spring.
So Scooby is out of the skirt of shame, but we still have to keep him away from the hussy dog who keeps running over to him and sticking her but in this face, the HUSSY! 🙂 We are currently working on trying to find a place in a dog shelter for her as she was a stray we didn’t really need. Nobody has space and that is just really sad that there are that many dogs without homes out there. Remember adopt don’t shop! 🙂 If she wasn’t such a handful and it didn’t cost so much to get her fixed I wouldn’t mind keeping her but she is to rambunctious and jumps to much and dad can’t handle her. There is a place called I’ll Be Your Huckleberry Rescue a few towns over that are working on trying to get space for her. We showed them pictures and told them about her, they are putting a pic on their facebook page in the meantime, so at least they are trying.
This week I wasn’t in much of a reading mood nor watching but I did watch the new episode of Creepshow. I also watched Croc, which wasn’t bad for a killer animal movie. Wolves, which was okay but not real great for a werewolf movie. I mean they almost looked more like cats than wolves! Waxwork which was just kind of silly. I think I am running out of October spooky steam. 🙁
Enough of my rambling let’s get to the good stuff! Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [21 Oct] Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder ★★★★
- [23 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~Mistletoe
- [23 Oct] On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder ★★★★★
- [24 Oct] The Long Call by Ann Cleeves ★★★
- [24 Oct] The Monster of Elendhaven by Jennifer Giesbrecht ★★★
- [25 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~ Needful Things
- [25 Oct] Wicked Wings by Keri Arthur ★★★★
- [27 Oct] The Week In Review #271
Books I have added
- Snow Creek – This one is for a blog tour next month. It’s a detective thriller series and I have enjoyed books by Gregg Olsen before so I am curious about this new series.
For blog tour
- Those Who Came Before – It took some work getting this book to me evidently! I was worried it wouldn’t get here and then the publisher had to overnight it since they screwed up. I think the tour coordinator was about to pull her hair out! 🙂 I was lazy and didn’t want to post a pic of the paperback. 🙂 It’s a horror book and sounds cool so I hope it is after all that trouble to get it…lol.
Books read last week
It looks like I was busy but really most of these were close to being finished last Sunday…lol.
- Hex – It started off pretty interesting by it lost power and then I thought the ending was a bit messing. Overall it was okay.
- Beneath London’s Fog – It was just meh.
- Something is Killing the Children – Was a cool graphic novel. Only the first issue and was 32 pages but can’t wait for more to come out! Kind of graphic and bloody so not for everyone.
- The Long Call – It was okay, see review that has already been done.
- The Brutal Telling – I think this could be one of my favorites in this series so far! I really like Chief Inspector Gamache!
- Magic Shifts – Not in a big reading mood but I need to get this one finished. I am about 49% into it and I must finish it today so I can finish Slash.
- Slash – Not only is MS and this one buddy reads with Barb but this one is on a blog tour for the first of November so I must get this done. Only like 32 pages so I need this week to finish it which is why I need to get MS done ASAP! October has just been sort of blah for me on reading. I want to read both of these but for some reason I keep finding other things to do instead!
- Ninth House – Just started it so no opinion yet.
What might be up next
Honestly I am not sure! Depends on how long it takes me to read the ones above!
How was your week? What did you get?