The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Well, I have had an interesting week! I learned that male dogs that are fixed can still do the deed! I thought it gave them no desire but guess not and he hooked up with the stray pup and something bad happened and we ended up having to take him to the vet to fix it! Now he can’t be around her while she is in heat and we have to keep him from licking by putting a towel around him which is a pain. We had to do this for five days so by now we should be done (writing this on Friday). We have to keep him inside and her outside and have to take him to go potty and it’s not a good time for this since two days this week was very COLD! So now we have to save up some money to try and get the stray fixed as we can’t seem to pawn her off on anyone as we are not paying 80 bucks again if not more to fix that problem again. 🙁
I call it his pink skirt of shame! LOL
Other than that not a lot happened this week except for a rain dump and the temps dipping into the 30’s at night for two days!! Is it spring yet? I just don’t do cold weather and would rather sweat and complain about being hot. 🙂
Watched a few more old horror movies this last week. I watched Halloween (1978) for the first time, I know, I know…lol. Then I watched Black Christmas (1974) and Bay of Blood (1971) because they are considered the first slasher movies. I watched A Comedy of Terror (1963) a spoof with Vincent Price and Peter Lorre and as well as Tales of Terror (1962) with them both in it too. The Haunted Palace (1963) with Vincent Price (yes, I am on a VP kick…lol) Oh and Rabid (1977) a weird Zombie book and by the same Director a movie called Shivers (1975) which was about sex crazed zombies and weirder than Rabid. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [13 Oct] The Week In Review #269
- [14 Oct] Book Review: “The Cannibal Princess” by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [15 Oct] The Okay Witch by Emma Steinkellner ★★★★
- [16 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ We Are Monsters
- [16 Oct] Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder ★★★★★
- [17 Oct] Molded 4 Murder blog tour ~Guest Post
- [17 Oct] Close to You by Kerry Wilkinson ★★★★
- [18 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~ Slash
- [18 Oct] Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder ★★★★★
Books I have added
- The Widow of Pale Harbor – I received an unexpected Netgalley surprise as this book came out back in September and they just now decided to full my request! I figure it must mean it’s not getting enough attention and so they are hoping I will review it…lol. I do love a witchy book especially a historical one so I am excited I got it.
From the author
- Scavenger Hunt – 5 strangers wake up in a white room and find out they are going to be playing a high stakes scavenger hunt game hosted by someone called Mr. Do-Good! I am so down for that! I can’t wait to get a chance to read this one!
Books read last week
- In Her Skin – This was my first audible original so I wasn’t sure how it would go but I really enjoyed this one. Even though I pretty much had it figured out there was still some surprises in the end.
- Hex – Participating in a readalong hosted by Alex from Hey Little Thrifter (booktube) and her friend and we are doing Instagram Chat which is pretty cool. I am a bit behind and need to have up to chapter 18 read by today…oops.
- Inside the Asylum – This took a bit to get into but now I am really curious about what is going to happen. I am about 37% into it.
- The Whisper Man – This wasn’t planned but it came in on overdrive for the audiobook and well I just couldn’t help myself I really wanted to try it and so far it’s pretty good. I have 4 hours left.
- The Long Call – Working on this one when at the computer and so far it’s okay. Somethings I don’t care to much about but overall it’s good. I have about a 6 hours of it left too.
What might be up next
Yep, I really need to get most of these in so I must quit watching so many horror classics and do some reading. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?