The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Okay, I am going to admit I am not ready for fall. I know everyone else is but the other night it was in the 50’s and brr. I am not ready…lol. We have some nights this week that are going to be in the 40’s! I am afraid it’s going to go from summer to bam cold winter and not much cool fall, so I don’t want it!!!!
So I did really good on monsterathon last month and finished all my challenges and managed to terrorize 5,314 villages! 🙂 This month I am doing a few readathons…lol. So most of my books I am reading will be for those but I do have some not in the them, so full month of reading…I better get more in the mood…lol. 😉 If you want to see me be kind of wacky check out my October TBR on my youtube channel, you can get to my channel by clicking the pic in my sidebar.
So I am in a retro horror mood and I have been watching some 50’s and 60’s horror. I think this week I am going to try out some 70’s. So here is a rundown of what I watched. The House on Haunted Hill (I just love Vincent Price and this is such a different storyline than the 1999 remake, like totally…and I liked it better), Nightmare Castle, Carnival of Souls, The Wasp Woman, Rosemary’s Baby and Peeping Tom. Be on the lookout for some movie reviews! 🙂 It’s retro movie night review time! 🙂
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [30 Sep] The Oracle by Clive Cussler, Robin Burcell ★
- [1 Oct] TTT ~ Book Titles with Numbers In Them
- [2 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~The Dark Corners of the Night and The Tenant
- [2 Oct] The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire ★★½
- [3 Oct] The Forgotten Child by Melissa Erin Jackson ★★★★
- [4 Oct] "Hope is Swift" by Seanan McGuire ★★★★
- [6 Oct] The Week In Review #268
Books I have added
- Sauvigone for Good – Book for in the Wine Trail mystery series and I haven’t even started book one!!! I have them all so I am going to join in on Can You Read a Series in a Month challenge in November that the lovely ladies at Because Reading host. 🙂 If I do one a week I should be able to catch up on this series! This writing dou’s other series is one of my favorites so not sure why I haven’t started this one yet.
- Close to You – On the blog tour for this one. It’s about a lady who sees her ex-husband but that can’t be, because he is dead. She should know, she killed him!!!! 🙂 So curious about this suspense thriller!
Audible original for review
- In Her Skin – Told in three POV’s about a writer Meggie with anxiety who hires an actress to portray her named Sloane and the female detective who is trying to find out what happen to Sloane who just disappears.
Books read last week
- Dust Devils – Western style vampire book that was full of action and blood, guts and gore! It was great…lol. 🙂 Out of the three I have read by this author, this one is my favorite.
- My Lovely Wife – A very messed up couple with some good twist and turns. I figured out some of the twist but it was still really good and boy that very last page…GAH…didn’t see that one coming! (hehehe I am a tease) 😉 Very good debut thriller.
- The Okay Witch – My very first graphic novel ARC which is different because only a small portion of it was colored in the rest was black and white but it was totally cute! I wasn’t a huge fan of the art style but the story is cute.
- Witchnapped in Westerham – Decent start to a paranormal cozy series. It was about a missing person instead of murder but still it was okay. 🙂 First in a series.
- Inside the Asylum – Been needing to get this one read especially since I just got the next one in a series a couple weeks ago! It’s about occult specialist Kathy Ryan so great time to read this one. 🙂
- In Her Skin – Need to review this on audible before it comes out on the 10th and so far I am enjoying it and I have about 6 hours left.
- The Long Call – I put this one on hold to work on the one mentioned above but can’t wait to get back to this one.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?