The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So I can’t say this week has been uneventful as it was either Monday or Tuesday I went walking up my lane to cut back some tree limbs and of course clumsy me fell and bruised my right hand on a rock and of course I am right handed so it’s been fun dealing with that as picking things up hurts! It’s getting better and doesn’t hurt as much now but at the beginning of the week it was a bit of a pain! (pun intended. 😉 )
So something happened that I haven’t had happen before, I was contacted by the Director of a B horror film on my blog. He wanted to know if I would like to review Big Top Evil a new horror movie that just came out. So I said yes and well….lol. It was horrible but in a campy B very cheesy horror flick way….lol. I kind of liked it but hated it too…it was so bad it was fun. It’s about cannibal clowns! 🙂 Review to come.
Since I was in a cheesy horror mood I even watched some off of Shudder…lol. I watched an old one from the 70’s called Tourist Trap about some friends getting trapped at a creepy museum with a weirdo who controls mannequins and makes them kill. And The Ranger about a psychotic park ranger who terrorizes a group of older teen/early twenties who looks like punk rockers…lol.
Also found a new cool place to get socks! Chrissy’s Knee High Socks and they have a Halloween section! I really want the spiderweb or ones with skulls on them! They are having a sale right now so you should go and check them out! I could see these socks making great Instagram socks! (Cool socks is something I can’t wait to try out when I lose a bit more weight and my calves will fit into them, but for now I can admire them! Maybe grab some to save back as incentive to keep losing weight!)
Well, I was a bit rambly today! Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [9 Sep] "Black Friday" by Karen Chance ★★★★
- [11 Sep] Brave the Tempest by Karen Chance ★★★★
- [12 Sep] The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher ★★★
- [13 Sep] Friday Meme’s ~Magic Breaks
- [13 Sep] The Elusive Mrs Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman ★★★★
- [14 Sep] The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice by Donna Kauffman, Kate Angell, Allyson Charles ★★★★
- [15 Sep] The Week In Review #265
Books I have added
Audiobooks from MacMillan
- His Hideous Heart – Retellings of Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories. It also has the actual stories from EAP after the retellings. I have listened to the retelling part but not the originals yet. I liked some I didn’t like others which happens with short stories.
- The Long Call – I actually had this originally from Netgalley but when I was offered the audio I couldn’t pass it up! 🙂 It’s the first in a new series.
- The Monster of Elendhaven – I seen a review of this on I believe Tammy’s blog Books, Bones and Buffy and it sounded like a good one and it’s a very short listen. 🙂
- Dust Devils – Barb was so kind to send me her ARC copy of this so I could read it for Monsterathon! 🙂 So hopefully I can get to it…lol.
Books read last week
- Magic Breaks – Book #7! Can’t believe we are only three books from finishing. This one was pretty good even if Curran was gone for most of it! 🙂
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – Eh it wasn’t bad. I think it helped that I listened to it. Victor was a horrible person…lol.
- Time’s Convert – Crossing my fingers this is a good one! Barb and I loved the All Souls Trilogy but are both leery about trying the companion novel about Marcus and Phoebe! I am so happy that Matthew and Diana are in it though I don’t know how much.
- The Forgotten Child – Riley can see ghost but keeps it to herself and doesn’t want to go with her friends to a haunted house that was the place of a serial killer. She encounters a child ghost while there and I think has to try and figure out what happened to him. Not far enough yet to know…lol. I am 20% in and so far it’s okay, they are just getting settled into the place and about to go ghost hunting.
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and it’s Terrifying Times – I will admit this is a bit more boring that I hoped. It reads more like a textbook I should study if I was taking a class on subtext in movies! 🙁 Little to much about the politics, etc of the 1970’s..lol. I am about 15% into this one.
What might be up next
If I can get those above all read then these are up next.
How was your week? What did you get?