The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I think September is turning out to be hotter than August! Last week I was worried it was going to start cooling down to quick well Mother Nature fooled me!
Not a lot of excitement this week except my excursion to the used bookstore. If you want a better glimpse of the books check out my haul video on youtube. Just clink the link over on the sidebar to my channel! 😉 You can also see some of the books I unhauled too.
Didn’t really watch anything exciting to talk about so I guess that is it. Happy reading and Have a great week!!! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [2 Sep] "Clean and Dirty" by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [3 Sep] Don't Say a Word by Amber Lynn Natusch ★★★★½
- [4 Sep] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Winterwood
- [4 Sep] The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman ★★★★
- [5 Sep] What Rose Forgot by Nevada Barr ★★★★
- [6 Sep] Friday Meme’s ~ Time Convert
- [6 Sep] Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness ★★★★½
- [7 Sep] The Bitterroots by C.J. Box ★★★★
- [8 Sep] The Week In Review #264
Books I have added
I didn’t get any review books!!! Woot woot! *happy dance*
I did go to the used bookstore and took some books in to trade so here is a picture of what I got!
My prize was getting a really good condition copy of Needful Things for my collection as it’s one of my favorite Stephen King books! 🙂
Books read last week
- I Hate Fairyland – I ended up getting the copy on Hoopla that was episodes 1-10 of this extremely strange graphic novel so it was like 290 pages. Not what I was expecting but it gave me more page counts for Monsterathon! 🙂 Gertrude is a very messed up adult in a kids body who just wants to get out of Fairyland…lol. I guess I might be messed up too if my mind grew older but my body didn’t…lol.
- The Twisted Ones – I had a lot of high hopes for this one and even though I thought it was okay, probably a solid 3 stars. I was disappointed that I didn’t love it. It had potential but I got bogged down in the slow pace at times. It was 400 pages and I think if it cut out some of the journal/manuscript parts and even some of the MC cleaning out her grandmothers house it would have been better. The publisher or someone had a note at the beginning that this was going to be one of the scariest books of the year….umm…nope.
- The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice – Didn’t mean to start this one but then oh well, you know how that happens…lol. It has three books in one that are all set in the same town and a bakeshop that is you got it on the corner of Pumpkin lane and Spice street (I think it’s street…done forgot…lol) I enjoyed them all though the second and third in the book where my favorites.
- Magic Breaks – First buddy read I am tackling with Barb and it’s probably going to replace one of my monsterathon reads as I don’t think I am going to be able to fit everything in like I hoped because it seems like all my read this month are almost if not over 400 pages! Only if I could read faster! Excited to continue on with this series.
- Murder at the Vicarage – I need to get back into this one and finish it, I put it on hold to read Twisted Ones but I will have to take it back to the library soon.
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – It’s another monsterathon read and I am listening to it on audio which helps and so far it’s okay I have about 6 hours left. I might double this one up with another monsterathon challenge so I don’t have to read so many books as I think Victor Frankenstein is a real human monster! Which is you watched my video on youtube you would know that one of the challenges was to read a book with a human monster. 🙂 Using my noggin! 😉
What might be up next
All monsterathon reads so wish me luck and of course Time Convert is a buddy read! 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?