The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Well, this hasn’t been a great week. I either have a summer cold or an allergy induced cold or maybe the combo I don’t know. I do know that it has about kicked my butt this week. I am almost over it but still have a bit of a clogged nose but at least I can function…lol. So my reading was off cause I couldn’t concentrate. 🙁
We have had lots of rain and now it’s back to being really hot again…blah. I really could live with weather in the 70’s but this 90’s with heat index in the 100’s just isn’t good…but it’s better than freezing.
So I got caught up to the new Veronica Mars and only watched a few episodes and to be honest I am not sure what to think of it. It’s a lot darker and instead of individual cases it’s 8 episodes that all involve finding a bomber. It has a lot of the the quirks of the old show but it’s really not the same. I am not in a hurry to finishes it if that tells you anything. I will say that Logan has gotten cuter! 🙂
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [11 Aug] The Week In Review #260
- [12 Aug] Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [13 Aug] TTT ~ Book Characters I’d Love to Be Besties With
- [14 Aug] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Pretty as a Picture
- [14 Aug] Pass of Fire by Taylor Anderson ★★★★
- [15 Aug] The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix, Anne Lambelet ★★★★
- [16 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles
- [16 Aug] The Beyond by Chloe Neill ★★
- [16 Aug] Eye Spy by Mercedes Lackey ★★★
- [17 Aug] A Gentlewoman's Guide to Murder by Victoria Hamilton ★★★★
- [17 Aug] The Dark Side of the Road by Simon R. Green ★★★
- [17 Aug] The Night Is Forever by Heather Graham ★★★★
Books I have added
- Murder at Kensington Palace – It’s the third book in the Wrexford and Sloane series and my third favorite historical mystery series behind Veronica Speedwell series and Kat Holloway series. I can’t wait to get to this one!
- Christmas Cow Bells – I keep telling myself no new cozies but look at that cover! I couldn’t pass it up…lol.
- Clique Bait – Not extremely original but I always like trying these types of YA mysteries.
- The Deceivers – Just recently read (still need to review!) book one and so I was excited to see the second one up for grabs! It’s a good action adventure story for young readers.
Books read last week
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death – Book two if the Padava Quartet and it was packed full of action and I liked it more than the first one! Now to wait for the next one! 🙁
- Molded 4 Murder – Book 4 in one of my favorite cozy mystery series and it was just as fun and what I needed to read when I wasn’t feeling good! Look at that cover! Streetman is so cute!
- The Book of Life – Just getting started on this one so you will probably see it on here for a few weeks! It’s over 500 pages and I just kind of read on it at night.
- Something Read, Something Dead – Got to get those library books done so I started this one and I am only a few chapters in but it’s a series I enjoy so can’t wait to get it finished.
- They Kill – When I was sick I wasn’t in a horror mood so 50% into this one and hopefully I can finish it this coming week.
- Ghost Story – I was so excited to get this till I found out it has a different narrator. 🙁 I don’t know if there is two different versions but this one was the one overdrive had but audibles says James Marster is the narrator but not in the one I have. 🙁 I am almost to the point of just reading the book. Not that the narrator is horrid but he is not Harry Dresden! James Marster is! 🙁 About two hours into it.
- The Cruelest Month – At least this one still has the same narrator…lol. It’s only book three though so you never know! I am almost two hours into it and so far it’s good.
This is what happens when you don’t feel good and you just start everything…lol.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?