The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
The Dog Days of Summer have arrived early usually that is in August…lol. Man it’s hot and if you look at a map of the United States it’s HOT everywhere so I guess I can’t do to much complaining…lol. Who am I kidding?! I am complaining it’s HOT so HOT though we are suppose to have storms on Monday and then a cool down so I have that to look forward too! You know it’s hot when the 80’s sound like a cool down! 🙂
Started Monday I am participating in The Reading Rush (use to be called Booktubathon) It’s a huge thing on Booktube though you don’t have to have a channel to participate. This year they have a cool website for it to go along with the rebranding. Check it out www.thereadingrush.com. The goal is to read seven books but I will be happy with reading 4 maybe 5 since I am doing a couple middle grade and audios…lol.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [21 Jul] The Week In Review #257
- [21 Jul] Cloak and Dagger Third Quarter link up
- [22 Jul] Teeth in the Mist by Dawn Kurtagich ★★★½
- [22 Jul] Duel at Araluen by John Flanagan ★★★
- [23 Jul] Changes by Jim Butcher ★★★★★
- [23 Jul] Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher ★★★★
- [24 Jul] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Hood Academy
- [24 Jul] "Gerard Demille and Helen Meet" by Ilona Andrews ★★★
- [25 Jul] TV Show Spotlight ~ Heartland
- [25 Jul] Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness ★★★★½
- [26 Jul] Friday Meme’s ~ A Scandal in Scarlet
- [26 Jul] "Diamond Fire" by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
Books I have added
- The Widow of Rose House – A young widow restores a dilapidated mansion with the assistance of a charming, eccentric genius, only to find the house is full of dangerous secrets in this effervescent Gilded Age debut novel. Love a good historical romance and this sounds a bit different.
- The Absinthe Earl – They crossed centuries to find each other. Their love will shatter worlds. I am curious about this one because it’s for fans of fans of Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series and Gail Carriger’s Parasol Protectorate series. I guess I shall see. 🙂
Books read last week
- Revenge of Magic – This was way better than I thought it would be and so glad I took time to give it a try. I seem to be on a middle grade kick…lol. Only certain kids have magic, and magic school that is more military base than school. Secrets and lies! Can’t wait to get to book two soon!
- The Strangers – Another MG book that was really good! Three kids find out there are three others out there with their name and birthdate and then their mom goes missing and they try to figure out what is going on. Great adventure story for kids and I have to wait a whole year for book two….*cries*.
- Shadow of Night – Just finished this Saturday night. I enjoyed it though sometimes I got bogged down with it as it has so much information to absorb and a lot of historical stuff. Real curious how this Trilogy is going to end and can’t wait to get ahold of Book of Life.
- Teeth in the Mist – I have a love hate relationship with this author but I would have to say this one was way better than the last book I read by her. I think it’s due to the audiobook being so well done! Special effects, creepy voices, a cast of narrators. I will admit it was confusing at times probably because it was an audio, so I think this is one of those read while listening would be the greatest way of reading this one if you haven’t read it.
- Side Jobs – A collections of stories about The Dresden Files. I don’t normally read collections but I wanted to read the one from Murphy’s point of view between what happened in Changes and the next one Ghost Story (which I have to wait for what seems like forever for the library to let me have the audio…lol)
- Murder’s No Votive Confidence – I like books set in Nantucket as it always sounds like a great place to visit and it’s a candle themed mystery and not read one of those. Just started it so it might get set aside for the readathon but so far I like it.
What might be up next
I am attempting The Reading Rush readathon (formerly known as the Booktubeathon) and all these books fit the challenges. The Goal is the read all seven books but I will be happy if I get four or five. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?