The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So at the beginning of the week it rained so much some of our roads was flooded but thank goodness we didn’t get a lot more of the rain they called for and we had our hottest day so far on Friday as it was in the 90’s. It’s suppose to rain some more though but just hope they are severe!
I planted a couple tomato plants and pepper plants sort of late into the season in some tubs and I have one bell pepper on a small plant and some flowers on my large tomato plant but no tomatoes yet, seems backwards…lol. I guess when everyone else runs out of goodies in their garden I will still be getting some of mine…lol.
Well, that’s about it happy reading! 🙂
What I am watching
Didn’t really watch much this week besides just the normal background noise shows. I did watch Creed on a new channel I found on sling called Paramount TV it has some cool movies. The movie was okay it was just like Rocky but with Apollo’s son. I was glad to see Rocky made him chase chickens like Mickey did!! 🙂 Tonight I will be watching Good Witch (Hallmark) and Murder 101: Playing Dead! (Hallmark Movie and Mystery) 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [17 Jun] The Gossiping Gourmet by Martin Brown ★★
- [18 Jun] The Girl in Red by Christina Henry ★★½
- [18 Jun] TTT ~ Anticipated books of July – December
- [19 Jun] Waiting on Wednesday
- [19 Jun] Vengeance Road by Christine Feehan ★★
- [20 Jun] A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness ★★★★★
- [21 Jun] Friday Meme’s ~ Diggin’ Up Dirt
- [21 Jun] Reckless by Susan Kiernan-Lewis
- [22 Jun] The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman ★★
- [22 Jun] The Boy Who Cried Werewolf by J.H. Reynolds ★★★★
- [23 Jun] The Week In Review #253
Books I have added
- Can’t Judge a Book by it’s Murder – As if I needed another new cozy series but I can’t help it when it comes to book themed ones! 🙂
Books read last week
- The Halloweeners – A Cute and slightly spooky book about a Fisher who has to save his friends from turning into true monsters after they ate some candy they shouldn’t have.
- The Girl in Red – You can check out my review of this one but it was disappoint. I am in the minority though…lol. 😉
- The Never Game – This is the first in the Colter Shaw series and I really enjoyed it. About a ‘reward seeker’ who is an expert tracker and looks for missing people for the rewards their families put up. He is also willing to work with police and ends up wrapped up in the tech world of a video game.
- Witch Slapped – Book 3 in the Beechwood Harber mysteries and it was cute. Holly is always getting herself in trouble!
- Turn Coat – Love me some Harry Dresden on audio!! I am getting so close to catching up on this series. If I get the books fast enough from overdrive I might finish it by the end of the year! Patiently (or not) waiting for the next one on overdrive!
- Diggin Up Dirt – Been wanting to get to the newest Kenni Lowry book so here I am. Just as fun as always!
- The Right Sort of Man – It’s not really interesting me right now so it’s kind of been on hold but I will try it again soon.
- Shadow of Night – It’s my July buddy read but them babies are big so I have to get a bit of a head start lol. Only about 140 pages in out of 580+!
- Kingdom of Exiles – Just started this one on a whim so not really sure yet.
- Turn Coat – Love me some Harry Dresden on audio!! I am getting so close to catching up on this series. If I get the books fast enough from overdrive I might finish it by the end of the year! Have about 6 hours of this one to go.
- Gunmetal Magic – About 4 chapters or so into Barb and I’s buddy read. I am curious to see how this one goes
I know, I know! Can’t help myself…lol.
What might be up next
- Gone with the Wool – Book for in the Yarn Retreat series. Trying to catch up on some cozy series!
- A Gentlewoman’s Guide to Murder – I have enjoyed this author before so curious about her new series.
How was your week? What did you get?