The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Through with worrying about storms, worrying about my friends in storms. Spring needs to end. Pretty much all I have to say.
What I have watched
I watched a cute movie on Netflix called Rim of the World about some misfit kids who had to save the world from aliens. Since Outlander has two seasons on Netflix I have started watching them, I will probably never read the books but have been curious about the show. Just hope they put the other season on eventually too.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [27 May] Someone to Wed by Mary Balogh ★★★★★
- [28 May] Killing November by Adriana Mather ★★★★
- [28 May] No Exit by Taylor Adams ★★★
- [28 May] Puppy Love by Lucy Gilmore ★★★★
- [29 May] Waiting on Wednesday ~Never Have I Ever
- [29 May] Hot to the Touch by Jaci Burton ★★
- [30 May] Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [31 May] Friday Meme’s ~ A Discovery of Witches
- [31 May] Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs ★★★★
- [1 Jun] Monthly Report ~ May
- [2 Jun] The Week In Review #250
Books I have added
- Shot Through the Hearth – Book #7 in the Fixer Upper Mysteries and the only cozy series I have ever started in the middle of as I had watched the movies on Hallmark and thought I knew the characters a bit so I could jump in…lol. Though there are a lot of differences and I do really need to read the beginning books. 🙂
Books read last week
- Puppy Love – This was a really fun read! A hot guy with a cute puppy! Just what I needed to break up all the mysteries/horror books. 🙂
- The Boy Who Cried Werewolf – This was a cute MG read sort of in the vain of R.L. Stine kid horror.
- Magic Slays – Another fun action-packed Kate Daniels book!
- The Vampire Knitting Club – Knitting vampires, really? (that could be as bad as sparkly ones!) It’s the first book in a cozy mystery series and to be honest I am not sure about it yet. Might try another one before I decide to keep going or move on but I wasn’t that impressed.
- A Discovery of Witches – This is a reread after watching the TV show, as I have sort of become obsessed and since I never finished the trilogy I want to now. Barb and I are going to buddy read it this month but I got a bit of a head start to make sure I could fit in a 579 page book…lol. I am 315 pages in.
- Death in Kew Gardens – One of my favorite series and I have been wanting to get to it and since it comes out this month I jumped on it.
- Halloweeners – Next book in the Monsterstreet series and looks fun.
- A Dark and Twisting Path – On my crusade to catch up with some of my cozy series and this is book #3 in the Writer’s Apprentice series.
- Small Favor – Another series I am doing my best to catch up on! I love Harry Dresden!
What might be up next
- Something Borrowed, Something Mewed – Another buddy read for Barb and I, we love this series.
- Smitten by the Brit – I have read a few chapters and not sure about this one but will give it a try.
- The Right Sort of Man – I am really curious about this new mystery series.
- Gone with the Wool – Still catching up on the Yarn Retreat series.
How was your week? What did you get?