The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Man the weather is freaking crazy everywhere so I know I wasn’t the only one with bad weather but I am so tired of STORMS! Tired of rain in general! We had one day, I think it was Tuesday where we had to pack up my fur babies and head to the shelter at least four times due to tornado warnings. We have storms in the forecast for almost every day next week, hoping they decide to evaporate and not happen. 🙂 I can’t handle the storm anxiety it’s wreaking havoc on my sleep as I stay up if it’s storming really bad in case we have to run for the shelter. Welcome to Missouri weather! 🙁
Saturday I went with a church group to Branson to see Samson at the Sight and Sound theater, they always put on the coolest bible story musicals! The special effects are awesome for a theater. When the walls of the temple came down it was almost like you were in the temple too as they fell all around you and stuff came down from the ceiling on cables. I have seen several of the musicals and they have all been really cool, my favorite so far has been Jonah, though I haven’t seen Noah yet so that might change. Hope to see it next year as they are bringing it back for one season (they use a lot of real animals in all their musicals, we had horses come down the isles!).
What you might have missed on my blog
- [29 Apr] Through Fiery Trials by David Weber ★★★
- [30 Apr] One Potato, Two Potato, Dead by Lynn Cahoon ★★★★
- [30 Apr] Death in Dark Blue by Julia Buckley ★★★★
- [1 May] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Blood of Seven
- [1 May] No Middle Name by Lee Child ★★★★★
- [2 May] Movie Spotlight ~ Ugly Dolls
- [3 May] Toxic Game by Christine Feehan ★★★★
- [3 May] Hunter Shea May!!
- [4 May] Monthly Report ~April
- [5 May] The Week In Review #246
Books I have added
- Changeling – I must have requested this one in my sleep as I don’t remember…lol. I believe it’s a MG fantasy about twins and one is human and the other a changeling. Sounds interesting anyway. 🙂
Forgotten Bones – When I seen this on Katherine’s blog (I wish I lived in a Library) on a Sunday post I had to try and get it! Emailed the publisher and there it is in all it’s beautiful cover glory…lol. 🙂 It’s about a unlikely pair that teams up to investigate a brutal murder in a haunting thriller that walks the line between reality and impossibility. A police investigator and a schizophrenic college professor. 🙂
Books read last week
- 44 Cranberry Point – Continuing my read of the Cedar Cove series. It’s definitely a series I think should be read in order and I like getting to know all the characters and continuing to know all the matches made and ones I am still hoping for and the new ones to come. 🙂
- No Exit – Finally, it’s finished…lol. It was okay, I think the thing that bothered me the most is a lot of it is outside in the freezing cold snow, a blizzard, yet nobody seemed cold. No feet were numb, no one shivered from the cold. I was freezing knowing they were out in like a foot of snow. It just bugged me the author didn’t mention being cold more. It must be a quirk of mine…lol. Overall thought it was interesting.
- Beaches, Bungalows and Burglaries – It was enjoyable as I always like this author’s work, just not a huge fan of the narrator they picked.
- 50 Harbor Street – I am on a role and want to keep going with the Cedar Cove series, I am especially curious to find out why Roy is getting mysterious postcards!
- The Devouring Gray – Still only about 32% in as I opted to finish No Exit when I got it back from Overdrive.
- The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane – Also not far in it either but enjoying it.
- Wound up in Murder – I am about 3 hours into it and enjoying it.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?