The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This week has been better though I did have to go to a memorial service for my friends husband. It’s a reminder that life is too short and crazy things can happen in the blink of an eye.
The weather has been pretty decent but next week it looks like we are in for a lot of rain and storms, rain I can handle I hope the storms go somewhere else or better yet just stay in the clouds. Other than that not much to report here.
What I am watching
I have been watching Cedar Cove on Hallmark Now and it’s driving me crazy that the decided to put season three up with just one episode every Friday. 🙁 So now I am watching Sue Thomas FB Eye, I remember watching it when it first came on in 2002. It’s based on a true story about a deaf woman who joined the FBI and made it on an elite task force because of her ability to read lips. It has one of my favorite Canadian actors in it Yannick Bisson. It was probably the first show I seen him in now he has Murdoch Mysteries which I love and was on Aurora Teagarden as well. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [28 Apr] The Week In Review #245
- [29 Apr] Through Fiery Trials by David Weber ★★★
- [30 Apr] One Potato, Two Potato, Dead by Lynn Cahoon ★★★★
- [30 Apr] Death in Dark Blue by Julia Buckley ★★★★
- [1 May] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Blood of Seven
- [1 May] No Middle Name by Lee Child ★★★★★
- [2 May] Movie Spotlight ~ Ugly Dolls
- [3 May] Toxic Game by Christine Feehan ★★★★
- [3 May] Hunter Shea May!!
- [4 May] Monthly Report ~April
Books I have added
- The Long Call – I got hit with the emails I couldn’t refuse…lol. A new series from Ann Cleeves and I have always wanted to try her books but the series were always so far into them, but seen shows based on her books and now I am start at book one in a new one! 🙂 It’s called the Two Rivers series featuring detective Matthew Venn.
- The Right Sort of Man – Another email got me…So from that title I thought it was a romance and was like no thank you but then I read the synopsis and it’s more of a historical fiction/mystery based after WWII. It’s about two women who decided to go into business together calling it the Right Sort of Marriage Bureau. A Client gets murdered and it threatens their business.
Books read last week
- 311 Pelican Court – #3 down and a bunch more to go…lol. Each book as my favorite relationships and not so favorites and then things happen to make me made and I hope they get rectified in the next book…lol. 🙂
- Hitting the Books – I am finally caught up and this was a really good one as I really like something that happened in this one!! Now I have to wait like everyone else for the next one…pouts.
- Stay in Character – Been trying to get this one done but others kept getting in the way. I enjoyed this one and can’t wait to get to the next one.
- Murder’s a Witch – Been needing to get to this series so decided to start it.
- 44 Cranberry Point – Just getting into the 4th in the Cedar Cove series and it just pretty much continues on with things that have been happening and then adds some new things. 🙂
- The Devouring Gray – So far not a lot has happened but hope it picks up only about 15% in so it still has a chance.
- The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane – More of the same mot sure yet as only about 15% into it but I am a bit more curious about it than Devouring Gray.
- Beaches, Bungalows and Burglaries – Rich lady who is not rich anymore and her only asset is an RV park! Cozy mystery fun ensues. 🙂
What might be up next
- No Exit – I didn’t get it done before it went back on overdrive, but I am back on the list and #1 so I should get it back soon to finish it. I was about 60% in and curious enough to want to see how it plays out.
- Wound up in Murder – Actually started this one but want to try and finish up Beaches before finishing.
How was your week? What did you get?