The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Happy Easter, not doing much around here for it that I know of unless my Aunt springs a dinner on us she hasn’t told us about.
This was kind of a drab week so I am glad it’s over and a new and better one hopefully is coming. Don’t really have a lot to talk about this go around.
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [15 Apr] The American Agent by Jacqueline Winspear ★★★★★
- [16 Apr] TTT ~Rainy Day Reads
- [16 Apr] Crewel and Unusual by Molly MacRae ★★★★
- [16 Apr] Silence of the Lamb's Wool by Betty Hechtman ★★★★
- [17 Apr] Wisteria Witches by Angela Pepper ★★★
- [18 Apr] The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley ★★★
- [19 Apr] Friday Meme’s ~Hitting the Books
- [19 Apr] The Secrets of Hawthorne House by Donald Firesmith ★★★★
- [21 Apr] Blog Tour ~ Deadly Southern Charm ~ Spotlight
- [21 Apr] The Week In Review #244
Books I have added
- Curse of the Dead-Eyed Doll – Alejandro Padilla isn’t superstitious and he doesn’t believe the stories that an old sailor doll in a Key West, Florida, museum is haunted. He doesn’t take the warning and takes a picture and then things start happening. Sounds like a cool MG horror book.
- Fatal Cajun Festival – Louisiana B&B owner Maggie Crozat kicks up her heels at a country music festival–but she’ll have one foot in the grave if she can’t bring the killer of a diva’s hanger-on to heel. This is one of my favorite series and so I can’t wait to get to this one!!!
- Hitting the Books – I couldn’t wait any longer so I had to go and pick up the latest in the Library Lovers series. The newest one comes out in September so at least I won’t have to wait long for a new one! 🙂
Books read last week
- The Hunting Party – I liked the authors format though it wasn’t as good as I hoped.
- Death in Dark Blue – Book two in kind of a more complex cozy than others as it seems to have some ongoing storylines which I think is best read in order. I enjoyed it and I am curious as to what will happen in the next book because of how this one ended.
- Hitting the Books – I couldn’t wait to dig into this one and I think I deserved to read a favorite series this week. 🙂 About 112 pages in.
- No Exit – Not as exciting as I hoped but I know a few who really like it so I am hoping it picks up soon. About 24% in.
- 311 Pelican Court – Jumping into book three of the Cedar Cove series, this will be the last reread in the series starting with book four they will be new to me. 🙂 About 30% in.
- Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries – Just starting this one and I would like it better if it had a different narrator as I am not real fond of Johanna Parker. Just starting it so about 22 minutes in.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?