The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Boy is this weather crazy! Feel bad for y’all who are getting snow but let me tell you I appreciate it if you would keep it…lol. We could get some snow but I think it’s going to go mostly around my area.
This year has just started off kind of weird especially with my reading. I knew there was a reason I decided this year my reading count would be lower! I just can’t seem to get into it and have only read like 4 books. I have a lot of different ones going though! I have been distracted with trying to get healthier and watching a lot of youtube videos about the keto diet (actual doctors as well as normal people who have lost a lot of weight). Reading lots of post on it and I got a book from the library (so guess I am reading…lol) My dad’s A1C was 8.1 and the doctor told him he would have to get on another pill if he doesn’t get it down. We have three months. He is diabetic and should be on a low carb diet anyway and we can’t afford for him to have to get another expensive pill that just puts more poison in his body. So we are trying a lifestyle chance which has me chancing too I guess with what I am reading and making a priority.
Once I we get a new routine down and I think we get going with this I honestly think it might help me focus more. I have been really depressed lately and just a lot of brain fog not to mention my bad knees. Sometimes I just cry my body hurts so much and I don’t like being overweight and can’t afford any kind of surgeries (no insurance) so leafy greens it is! 🙂 I am actually kind of excited to try it as I have done it before and lost 30 pounds but didn’t stick to it. It’s time to stick to it.
We have to ease into it so not going full blown yet as I told dad it might be easier to stock up on some things first. I have to do a freezer clean out to make room for new yummy stuff. (Lots of stuff been in there forever…lol)
So reviews are slim so thank goodness for Kathi’s reviews or it might be pretty slow around here but I am sure I will get back into the groove soon but for now if you don’t see much from me on here that is why.
Rambled enough on here so signing off! Happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [14 Jan] Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding by Rhys Bowen ★★★
- [15 Jan] Death in the Stacks by Jenn McKinlay ★★★★★
- [15 Jan] Assaulted Pretzel by Laura Bradford ★★★★
- [16 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Hunting Party
- [16 Jan] The Proposal by Mary Balogh ★★★★
- [18 Jan] Summoned to Thirteenth Grave by Darynda Jones ★★★★
- [20 Jan] The Week In Review #231
Books I have added
Probably shouldn’t have gotten these but I had asked for them before I realized my reading was going to pot!
- The Hummingbird Dagger – I am a sucker for a historical mystery!!
- Will Haunt You – This sounds like a cool horror book and it’s about a spooky book! 🙂
Books read last week
- Hunting Prince Dracula – Finally I finished something! Just in time too as I had like less than an hour left on my overdrive time…lol. I liked this one just about as much as the first one. I am curious about the next one.
- Slayer – Not feeling this book so haven’t read any on it this week.
- Dead as a Door Knocker – 31% in but didn’t really read on it this week.
- Pairing a Deception – One of the books I did work on this week and I am 58% in and enjoying it.
- Strangers on a Train – Didn’t listen to any more of this one this week so only a few hours in.
- Black in White – Listened to this one a bit while on the computer so I have 3.5 hours to go. It’s different. 🙂
What might be up next
May have to put some of my current reads down to add a couple more as these are my buddy reads I need to get done!
How was your week? What did you get?