The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Okay so my January isn’t getting off to a great start when it comes to reading as you will see below. I think I am slumping and so I raced the the library for the next book in a favorite series to try and get myself going again!
Also, on January 2nd my blog went down and it was down all day while they worked on it. Then all my post from the last part of December where gone! So they worked on it some more and thankfully by the next day all was well and my post were back but the beginning of January is not off to a great start. 🙁
The weather has been cold and rainy but now it’s like 60 degrees! Not that I am complaining but this up and down weather kind of gives me the blues which could contribute to my reading blahs.
Other than that I have nothing to report.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [1 Jan] 2019 Anticipated reads!
- [1 Jan] A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer ★★★★★
- [2 Jan] Monthly Report ~ December
- [2 Jan] The Devil's Workshop by Alex Grecian ★★★
- [4 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~ Death in the Stacks
- [4 Jan] Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix ★★★★★
- [6 Jan] The Week In Review #229
Books I have added
See what happens when I slump I go to the library and come back with more than I intended! 🙂
- Death in the Stacks – Since I was slumping I went and got book 8 in the Library Lovers series! YAY!
- Assaulted Pretzel – I really enjoyed book one and it was sitting write there where I was sitting while waiting to be picked up as dad went and had tires fixed. 🙂
- A Willing Murder – I browsed the new releases and this one just said take me home! I have enjoyed this authors romances so I am curious about her mysteries.
Books read last week
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely – I finished this one Sunday night and then my week bottomed out! 🙁 Upside this is a good book!
See I told you the year was off to a great start! 🙁
- An Anonymous Girl – I didn’t like the writing style and I tried really hard and got about 80 pages or so but it was so slow and boring. It had first person and second person POV’s and that was just weird and confusing and just didn’t make sense to me. I am not a fan of second person POV anyway so just had to quit.
- The Devious Dr. Jekyll – I guess I am not in a steampunk mood as I thought the first one was okay but that was a couple years ago and my reading taste has changed a lot and this one just irked me. I might have liked Eliza/Lizzie before but I don’t now. So I am already failing my Calendar of Crime challenge since this was the one I picked for it because I used the prompt (word in title starts with the letter J). I didn’t have a backup and well I just don’t care. 🙁 🙂
- Death in the Stacks – My lifesaver books! It’s just as good as the others in the series so I think it could bring me out of my funk. At least I am not playing Candy Crush instead of reading!!! 🙂 I am currently 126 pages in so almost half way through.
- Strangers on a Train – Just started this on audio so not sure yet but it has a decent narrator. Only 48 minutes in but better than my previous audio which I DNFed above.
- Dead as a Door Knocker – So this is okay but it’s not as fun and cutsy as a lot of cozies and it was dragging me down. So I will keep going with it but it’s not a priority. I am about 30% in.
What might be up next
- Assaulted Pretzel – Second book in the Amish Mystery series and another of my hopefuls of keeping me from slumping!
- Magic Bites – Relisten as Barb and I have chosen this series to read this year and it’s been a few years since I read book one so I need to give it another go.
How was your week? What did you get?