The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I am still in a binge watching mood and not a reading mood but that’s okay I just guess I needed some time away from reading a lot. I am binging Once Upon a Time as I got to about the middle of the fourth season when I quit watching it when it was on TV, so now that all seven seasons are on Netflix I have started over and about to start the fourth season…lol. Yes, lots of binging.
We started our first real project in my class. We have 3 seconds to do what we want with a red ball then turn it back into the red ball. We each have to do that then we will put it all together and watch what happens. It’s sort of a group project…lol. If all works right I will turn it into an evil clown then back to a red ball, we shall see what happens…lol.
For some reason I am not getting notified when I am getting comments so sorry if I don’t comment right away. 🙁
That’s all I have to report on this week, happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [16 Sep] The Week In Review #214
- [17 Sep] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- [18 Sep] UNSUB (UNSUB, #1) by Meg Gardiner
- [19 Sep] Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★½
- [19 Sep] Movie spotlight~ Smallfoot 🙂 Looks so cute!!
- [20 Sep] Kill Hill Carnage by Tim Meyer ★★★
- [20 Sep] Friday Meme’s ~ Books Can Be Deceiving
- [21 Sep] The Moscow Deception by Karen Robards ★★★★★
Books I have added
- House of Falling Embers – When Artemis was thirteen, her best friend Aris was swallowed by the crumbling house they found in the woods. Like a coward, she abandoned him to the horror within. Then years later she goes back. The house is still there and it’s restless! Curiosity got the best of me on this one…lol.
- The Forgotten Child – Ever since Riley Thomas, reluctant medium extraordinaire, accidentally released a malevolent spirit from a Ouija board when she was thirteen, she’s taken a hard pass on scary movies, haunted houses, and cemeteries. So when her best friend pressures her into spending a paranormal investigation weekend at the infamous Jordanville Ranch—former home of deceased serial killer Orin Jacobs—Riley is one-hundred-percent not ready. Shortly after their arrival at the ranch, the spirit of a little boy contacts Riley; a child who went missing—and was never found—in 1973. I am all for a paranormal mystery. 🙂
- Go To My Grave – Donna Weaver has put everything into The Breakers, a Bed and Breakfast that she and her mother are opening on a remote stretch of beach. Now it waits – freshly painted, richly furnished, filled with flowers.But as the guests arrive, they feel like they’ve been here before. Amid home-baked scones, gorgeous guest rooms, and lavish dinners fit for a king, the feeling of menace grows.
Someone has broken their vow. Someone is playing games. And then the games turn deadly… This sounds like a cool mystery/thriller!
- Books Can Be Deceiving – Lindsey is getting into her groove as the director of the Briar Creek Public Library when a New York editor visits town, creating quite a buzz. Lindsey’s friend Beth wants to sell the editor her children’s book, but Beth’s boyfriend, a famous author, gets in the way. When they go to confront him, he’s found murdered-and Beth is the prime suspect. Lindsey has to act fast before they throw the book at the wrong person. I have been wanting to try this cozy series and my book bff says I need to read it as it’s one of her favorites so I am getting started. 🙂
Books read last week
- Gemina – Second in the Illuminae series and it was okay. It has different characters but it’s still has to do with the first and I heard the third one wraps them both together and I will probably get to that one some time but I am in no hurry as it’s not really my genre.
- Backwoods Ripper – Not really as interesting as I hoped it would be but it was okay.
- Final Girls – 35% into this one and totally bored so it’s taking a while.
- Books Can Be Deceiving – Since the above one is boring me I started this one and I am about 15% into it and liking it more than Final Girls.
- Down a Dark Hall – Working on this one but it’s been put on hold, not because it’s not good cause it’s okay.
- The Island of Doctor Moreau – Trying this one out for the Tome Infinity and Beyond readathon I am participating in. Just started it.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?