The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So the weather has been pretty nice lately, kind of weird for this time of the year. I am not complaining especially since next week could have some days in the 70’s and 80’s, strange for the start of August. As much a I hate when it’s really hot I hope it doesn’t try to cool down to fast as I am not wanting to see cold any time soon. 🙂
This week I started to tackle the dreaded room of doom. 🙂 So upstairs there is two rooms and a half bath. So there is my room and then the other room which one day will be my library/craft room but right now it’s the catch all room. When the tornado in 2008 hit we just packed up everything we could from our trailers that we had most our stuff in at the time. And stored it up in that room. Then as time went on it just got more things added to it and it has a miter saw getting sawdust everywhere because dad didn’t want to have to go downstairs everytime he had to saw a board. 🙂 🙁 🙁 So it’s a total mess and not also not a completed room but to complete it it must be cleaned.
It’s like digging for buried treasure as I have found some cool books I forgot about, some of my pics from my trip to Germany eons ago and the shot glass collection from that trip, it’s been rather fun as I have forgot what all is up there. The collector/packrat in me is wrestling with the logical side that is trying to tell me to get rid of more things than I want too…lol. This should be fun…lol…not. 🙂
Making videos and editing is a lot harder than I thought it would be! Learning lots of new stuff! 🙂 You can check them out at Storm Reads.
So how has your week been? Happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [23 Jul] Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] The Black Country by Alex Grecian ★★★★
- [26 Jul] The Outsider by Stephen King ★★★★★
- [26 Jul] TV Show Spotlight ~ God Friended Me
- [27 Jul] Friday Meme’s ~ Kill Creek
- [27 Jul] The Privilege of Peace by Tanya Huff ★★★★★
- [28 Jul] When Animals Attack: Summer of Killer Animals ~A thru F
- [29 Jul] The Week In Review #207
Books I have added
- Witchnapped in Westerham – Total cover grab, plus that title…lol. It’s a paranormal investigation cozy mystery, yep I am game!
- Treacherous is the Night – Book two in the Verity Kent series. Now I really need to get on book one. 🙂
- The Devil’s Finger’s – It’s Hunter Shea, that’s all I need to know. 🙂
- Creature – One of my favorite horror authors.
- The Mouth of the Dark – Looking for the Shea books and found this…lol. I get sucked in once I click on NG! Jayce’s twenty-year-old daughter Emory is missing, lost in a dark, dangerous realm called Shadow that exists alongside our own reality. Sounds cool!
- Undead Girl Gang – Was told by Barb that I might like this one so I put it on hold on overdrive and got it this week! 🙂 Can’t wait to give it a try. Mila’s best friend dies along with some others and Mila brings them back to life and they try and solve whodunit.
- This Savage Song – I haven’t read this author but heard a lot of good things about her and always wanted to try this book. All I really know is it mentions something about monsters of some sort.
Books read last week
Look at me go if all my reads for the readathon coming up where all audios I could kick butt! LOL
- Sky in the Deep – Overall I enjoyed this one. I really liked the female viking aspects but found the romance a little forced, I don’t know hard to explain. I would give it a 3.5 stars.
- Off Kilter – This was a decent start to a series. I love it when I get to travel to Scotland through my books! 3.75 rounded to 4 stars.
- Treble at the Jam Fest – Another good installment to this series. I like Erin and those in the Foodlovers village. 4 stars
- Deadly Escape – The latest in one of my favorite series!! Boy can Shelby get herself into a mess with her mind reading ability! 5 stars
This is going to be my list for the booktubeathon I am doing that goes from July 30th – August 5th. Not like I will get them all read though the goal is to read 7 books…lol. I will be curious to see how much of this I get through as I am not that fast of a reader.
The Challenges are:
- Flip a coin to determine your first read – Snow Queen won.
- Book featuring something you always wanted to do. I wanted to be a librarian – A Murder for the Books (audio)
- Read and watch a book to movie adaptation – Persuasion (audio)
- Read a book with Green on the cover -several fit this but I picked Undead Girl Gang.
- Read a book while wearing the same hat – Hounds of Baskerville
- Read a book with a Beautiful spine – The Black Country (You may wonder why I am reading it since there is a review of it up this week. Well, that is Kathi’s review not mine. I am glad to see that she liked it!)
- Read Seven books – Yeah, totally not going to happen but I will have fun trying. 🙂 Rattus New Yorkus
What might be up next
Those books above…lol.
How was your week? What did you get?