The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Oh my goodness, do I have a lot of junk! I must say the living room and kitchen is starting to look better because I can now move my things up to my room. I just didn’t realise how much crap I had till I have to box it and carry it upstairs and find a place for it! I am still in the process of arranging things how I want and organizing the books I can bring up. I can’t bring all my books because of the short walls (half A frame walls) I can only have short bookcases. My legs are tired but hey maybe it will gain me some muscle and lose me some weight going up and down those stairs!
My dogs haven’t gotten brave enough to follow me up yet and I am okay with that for now as I don’t want them snooping in my things while I am putting things up. Poor dad has extra bed buddies though…lol. They are coping pretty good with me being upstairs and not having me with them all the time but I kinda miss them. 🙂 Who know being wallered off your bed would be something I missed…lol. They are so excited when I come downstairs!
This weather is a killer, feel like I am melting. I don’t mind warm but this is ridiculously HOT! This coming week is still going to be in the 90’s but the weather guy said low humidity, so we shall see if he knows what he is talking about! 🙂 The heat is totally killing my garden but I did finally find a couple half ripe tomatoes so I picked them and put them in my window seal to finish ripening as I was afraid they might rot if I left them out there…lol. I also found a small cucumber! I think something is wrong with my zuc plants so nothing happening there.
Got a lot of reading finished this week so it made up for last week! Hope you’ll got a lot of reading done too!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [2 Jul] Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (in That Order) by Bridget Quinn ★★★★★
- [3 Jul] Scandal Above Stairs by Jennifer Ashley ★★★★½
- [4 Jul] The Hills Have Spies by Mercedes Lackey ★★★★★
- [4 Jul] Mid-year Freak Out Tag
- [5 Jul] The Coffin Maker by Breeann Allison ★★★★
- [5 Jul] Monthly Report ~July
- [6 Jul] Friday Meme’s ~Death and a Pot of Chowder
- [6 Jul] The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins ★★★★★
- [8 Jul] The Week In Review #204
Books I have added
- A Killing by the Sea – I liked this authors other cozy series and even though I still need to get to book one, I couldn’t help but pick up book two!
- A Scandal in Scarlet – I still need to read book three but since it’s a series I am reading I had to grab it.
Trying to limit my grabs to author I love and series I am currently reading and not getting new ones and boy is that hard but I did pretty good. 🙂
- Beartown – I don’t normally pick up contemporary reads but head a lot about this one and I was curious so I figured getting it from the library was the way to go. 🙂
- Pet Sematary – I loved this when I was a teen and was curious about the audiobook version. 🙂
Books read last week
It looks like I read a lot but Salem’s Lot and Dead Beat where almost done last Sunday…lol. Spent lots of free time organizing books and working on my room so audios was the way to go this week…lol.
- Batman: Nightwalker – I actually liked this one more than the Wonder Woman one and it’s also my first book by this author! Shocked I know…lol. 🙂
- Salem’s Lot – This was a reread through listening and I must say that even though I liked it, I don’t think I liked it as much as I did when I was a teen.
- Dead Beat – Another fun one in the Harry Dresden series! These books are just so fun and I could listen to the narrator all day long…lol.
- Rockets’ Dead Glare – A novella in my favorite cozy series and I thought it was fitting to listen to this week. 🙂 Novella and only a couple hours on audio.
- Aru Shah and the End of Time – This is a Rick Riordan presents book and I was curious about it. I enjoyed it and it was interesting learning about mythologies of India.
- The Outsider – OMG! This was so good! Might have renewed my faith in Stephen King! So awesome on audio! Will Patton was great with the voices!
- Death and a Pot of Chowder – Cozy mystery set in a small Maine town. 15% in and so far it’s not bad.
- Broken Promise – Romantic suspense and it’s okay.
- Pet Sematary – This is a reread through listening as it’s narrated by Michael C. Hall (Dexter), so I was curious and it’s my favorite Stephen King book because it was my first one. About 10 hours left and I am enjoying it so far. 🙂
- Beartown – Not my normal read but I was curious as I have heard a lot about it so I thought I would give it a try since overdrive had it. Only about an hour into this one so not real sure about it yet.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?