The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So you will see from what I read this week that I was to busy to even read! I worked all week moving in upstairs and finally got there by Saturday. It feels a bit weird being up here after being downstairs for so long. I am also really really sore as this pleasantly plump body is not use to going up and down stairs like six or seven times in a day carrying heavy boxes, etc. I don’t have everything up here yet but all the essentials are up there. 🙂 It’s not a perfectly made room but it was built by non-carpenters with love and crooked lines. 🙂
Books are not in the bookcases yet as I am taking this time to organize and arrange them how I want them and going to make a spreadsheet in hopes of getting somewhat organized at least bookwise. 🙂
It’s also so hot here I feel like I am melting even in the AC! I don’t mind summer but not a fan of heat indexes in the 100’s!
The heat is getting to my garden a little bit and I still have no green tomatoes even though there are a lot of green ones! On the other hand I have one zucchini growing, my jap peppers have blooms and my cucumbers are flowering! If the heat doesn’t kill them! Maybe some pics next Sunday.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [25 Jun] Staged 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton ★★★★½
- [25 Jun] Blood Test by Jonathan Kellerman ★★★★
- [26 Jun] Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter ★★★★
- [27 Jun] Ocean Light by Nalini Singh ★★★½
- [28 Jun] Jurassic, Florida by Hunter Shea ★★★★
- [29 Jun] To Die But Once by Jacqueline Winspear ★★★★★
- [30 Jun] Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall ★★★
- [1 Jul] The Week In Review #203
Books I have added
- A Tale of Two Murders – I only had to see the name Charles Dickens and mystery for this to catch my eye.
- The Boy in the Keyhole – Is one on my anticipated reads list so I hope it’s as creepy as it sounds. A young boy’s mother abruptly disappears and after some investigating he suspects she might have been murdered by the person he is now living with.
Books read last week
- The Coffin Maker – This was a lot of fun! It’s a town that revolves around horror and just all things spooky and it was a mystery as well.
- Batman: Nightwalker – I am enjoying this one. I made it to about 30% as I didn’t get much reading in.
- Broken Promise – So far it’s okay, I didn’t realize when I got it that it was part of a series and so sometimes I feel like I missed something but it’s not hindering things to much. (Besides the fact that it bugs me that I didn’t read the first two!) Only about 10% into this one.
- Salems Lot – Maybe not as enjoyable as my first time reading it as a teen but it’s okay. I have a little over 5 hours to go.
- Dead Beat– Very enjoyable as always! I almost got this one done as I only have a few hours left.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?