The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
My dad and I have been working on our house for a long time. When we almost had it done in 2008 a tornado took the roof off and it was like starting over. We have been slowly getting it finished up and my bedroom was one of those rooms. So I have been sleeping in the living room for a long time and I am excited to say my room is finished! This week I worked putting a sealant and polish on my floor and so next week I can start moving some of my things upstairs. Which will give us a lot more room downstairs…lol. It’s taken a long time but when you work on it when you have extra money to buy boards, etc it takes a while. It’s not perfect but it’s mine! I am a bit sore from the figure eight moping formation I had to do with the stuff we put on the floor…lol. My forearms got a workout. I will take a picture of it.
Garden is still growing and I see some Jalapenos, and zucs coming on! My tomatoes are still green! 🙁 My cucumbers are starting to make runners so it’s getting there but slowly. 🙂
Weather has been really nice, it’s like summer starts and it’s spring weather! Mother Nature is so confused, but she gets her act together this coming week as it’s back to being in the 90’s blah.
So that is how my week has been. Hope you had a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [18 Jun] The Gray Ghost by Clive Cussler, Robin Burcell ★★★★
- [19 Jun] June is Audiobook Month #JIAM ~ Book Rec for new listeners + giveaway!
- [19 Jun] Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh ★★★★
- [20 Jun] The Crooked Staircase by Dean Koontz ★★★★★
- [21 Jun] Blood Rites by Jim Butcher ★★★★★
- [22 Jun] Friday Meme’s ~ The Coffin Maker
- [22 Jun] Once Upon a Spine by Kate Carlisle ★★½
- [24 Jun] The Week In Review #202
Books I have added
- Lies – I was tempted by the whole, what if your whole life was based on lies!
- Foe -A taut, psychological mind-bender that I seen on a booktuber’s channel and I needed it…lol.
- Guess Who – A locked room mystery about an eleven year old who solved a murder and gains fame then wakes up in a room with some others and a dead body. One is a killer and Morgan has only three hours to figure it out or they all die.
- A Willing Murder – Excited to see a mystery from Jude Deveraux!
- Batman: Nightwalker – I liked the Wonder Woman one so thought I should try out Batman.
- Aru Shah and the End of Time – It’s a Rick Riordan presents book so I am curious.
- Outsider – Seems I am on a SK kick. 🙂
Books read last week
Gee, I didn’t think I accomplished anything this week till I put it all up here…lol. 🙂 Honestly though a lot of these were almost done when the week began. 😉
- Jurassic Florida – So much fun! Ending a little rushed and ended to quickly but still so much fun!
- When Animals Attack – I am not a movie guru but I can say that some of these movies were good and others I had to wonder why they were included in the best of animal attack horror…lol. Oh well, it was fun checking out some movies I hadn’t watched before.
- The Moor – I enjoyed this one. Campout gone wrong but the ending just quit on me. It hate when everything happens and then bam over.
- Hell House – I thought this one wasn’t to bad. I do think it helped listening to it instead of reading it.
- Our Kind of Cruelty – It’s a bit disturbing and strange and was going good till the end. 🙁 I thought the ending just fell flat.
- A Bone to Pick – So much different than my favorite hallmark show but good in it’s own right.
- Hurricane Season – Not sure why but this cozy just didn’t work for me. 🙁
- The Coffin Maker – quirky little read and I am enjoying it.
- Batman – I am a huge fan of comics in book form! 🙂
- Salem’s Lot – Just getting started on this one. I read it a long time ago so decided to try the audio.
- Dead Beat – I enjoyed Blood Rites so much I had to just jump into another one!
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?