The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Who turned off my spring weather!!!! Darn it! For three days is was so nice and then Saturday and today it’s 40’s with lows in the 20’s and could have a chance of flurries. I am done! I do have a feeling we are going to go from winter to summer and have no nice warm spring weather. 🙁 I do feel sorry for those still getting snow. Blah.
Panic mode has set in with my new project at school!!! We have two weeks to brand a restaurant! I have to come up with a name (that part was easy), make the logo, menu (like the whole thing food written on it and all!!), storefront sign, coaster and billboard ad!!!!!!! Thank goodness for audios cause I have a feeling not much regular reading will get done. I am doing a bookstore cafe that is kind of has a rustic western flare and it’s called Read’em and Drink Bookstore Cafe. It will serve coffee, tea, bakery items and sandwiches. 🙂
So I have a question. I need your help deciding something. I am trying to decide on an image I want for my logo. Do I go traditional with a coffee cup and books or something different as in maybe two guns crossing each other since it’s a western type theme? I kind of want to go more western but not sure…lol. Give me your ideas!! 🙂
Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [15 Apr] The Week In Review #191
- [16 Apr] Indelible by Karin Slaughter ★★★★★
- [17 Apr] TTT ~ Favorite mystery covers
- [17 Apr] Spotlight ~ Ash Princess
- [18 Apr] The Elizas by Sara Shepard ★★★★
- [19 Apr] Mini Review ~ MG/YA edition
- [20 Apr] Friday Meme’s ~ Mardi Gras Murder
- [20 Apr] The Rising Sea by Clive Cussler, Graham Brown ★★★★★
- [21 Apr] And Death Goes To . . . by Laura Bradford ★★★★
Books I have added
- The Angel Makers – I didn’t realize this was the second book to a book I wasn’t real fond of so let’s hope it’s better!!! It sounds cool but then so did the other one…lol. It’s a historical mystery.
- Rockets’ Dead Glare – This is a novella in my favorite cozy mystery series and I normally listen to it but I wasn’t sure if the novella would come out in audio so thought it best to grab it just in case. 🙂
- Jurassic Florida – So I can’t help myself when it comes to Hunter Shea! This sounds interesting and I normally like his books so fingers crossed!
Audiobooks to review
- Murder in the Locked Library – I really loved this series from Ellery Adams so I am so excited it got picked up by another publisher so she could continue!!
- Thieves on the Fens – Okay so now I am seriously behind on my favorite series and need to get on it as I am currently three behind. 🙂
- Hurricane Season – It’s the first book in the Florida Panhandle mystery series and I thought it sounded fun.
- Captain Superlative! – Sounds like a fun read about friendship. Janey likes to stay in the shadows but she is intrigued by the girl in the cape and trying to find out more about her brings her into the spotlight, but even superheroes have secrets. Sounds like a fun middle grade book! Thanks Disney Hyperion!! 🙂
- The Lucky Ones – I believe I seen this on The Caffeinated Reviewer and Kimberly liked it so I put it on hold on overdrive and got it this week.
Didn’t get much finished this week but thats okay. Sort of in a reading funk and nothing sounds good.
- Dread and Breakfast – Stuart is one of Barbs favorite authors and I had been wanting to try him. She gifted me this book to try and it wasn’t bad. It was very messed up and crazy and I liked it. Makes me a bit leery of bed and breakfast though…lol.
- Tombyards and Butterflies – I needed something different than just straight up mystery so I thought this would fit. It’s a paranormal mystery of sorts. Simon and Tristan are private detectives and an emissary of the dark council needs them to find Charon, who is the ferryman. He has gone missing and things are not going well. It wasn’t bad but you sort of get thrown into things and it’s like okay so how did they become what they are as Simon is immortal but not sure what he is exactly and Triston is a mage but how did they end up together. There is a .5 book that I think probably explains this which kind of makes me mad cause I think book one should have all that info.
- Case Closed: Mystery in the Mansion – I think this will be a lot of fun for young readers. It is kind of a choose your own adventures where you get to decide who you question as you try and solve the mystery. There are also puzzles and things to solve so that you can go farther. If you don’t ask the right question it’s case closed…lol. 🙂
- The Summer of Broken Things – I am 85 pages into this and I am not sure what I think yet except for Avery is a spoiled brat. They are just now landing in Spain so hopefully it gets a bit better.
- Fiction Can Be Murder – It starts with a murder and then we find out how much the MC hates the person(she doesn’t know the person is dead) and then she is accused of murder because her agent is killed just how she wrote it in her newest manuscript. It’s okay but not flowing as well as most cozies I read and I am having a hard time getting into it.
- The Quiet One – No comments on this one as I just started it. It’s my computer listen while working on my project.
- Winter People – This author has a way of writing some strange books. It has a duel timeline which I am not a huge fan of but that is okay. I have about 6 hours left in it and I am curious to see what happens. This one is the one I listen to while in my class and working on my project.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?