The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not much to report this week except that my project is done and it’s been freaking cold that past couple of days!! Snow in April where I am doesn’t happen all that often and I am not happy but I know there are a lot up north with worse…lol. Still I want spring and it looks like we might get some spring weather by the middle of the week!!
So I had to make four stamps and I did a classic monster theme. We had to make the first issue cards and that is what I am going to show you so prepare for pics. 🙂 So don’t mind the last two that are missing parts of the rectangle as I forgot I needed to fix though…lol Not sure why they are fuzzy but my computer and adobe illustrator was really giving me fits and I was getting really frustrated but you can still see what I did.
I made this one as I was just playing around and tried making it look like those old movie posters that had all the monsters on them. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [8 Apr] The Week In Review #190
- [9 Apr] The Gate Keeper by Charles Todd ★★★★★
- [10 Apr] TTT ~ Book, I loved you, but I won’t re-read you 🙂
- [10 Apr] Devils Unto Dust by Emma Berquist ★★½
- [11 Apr] Binge Watchers #16 ~ Murdoch Mysteries #bingewatchersclub
- [11 Apr] “Dearest Ivie” by J.R. Ward ★★★★
- [12 Apr] Hush Money by ★★★★
- [13 Apr] Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs ★★★★½
- [14 Apr] Murder at Half Moon Gate by Andrea Penrose ★★★★½
Books I have added
- Unbury Carol -Carol Evers is a woman with a dark secret. She has died many times . . . but her many deaths are not final: They are comas, a waking slumber indistinguishable from death, each lasting days. Only two people know about her condition and her husband has decided to try and make her death permanent to get his hands on her money! – This just sounded really cool and it’s been all over the place and I just had to have it. 🙂
- Something in the Water – A shocking discovery on a honeymoon in paradise changes the lives of a picture-perfect couple in this taut psychological thriller debut – So this sounds really interesting and I am curious as to what they fine, but I am also realizing that me and psychological thrillers are not getting along so after this one if I am not liking it I think I may have to call it quits even though they sound so good, I just get bored, but fingers crossed I am going to love it! 🙂
Books read last week
- And Death Goes To… – This is one of my favorite new series! This one is book three and just as great as the first two and a lot of fun! Another series I am caught up on! 🙂 This one lets you get a different look at the crabby Mrs. Rapple and you really feel bad for her so I enjoyed that aspect of this as well.
- Monsters Unleashed: Bugging Out – Book two in the Monsters Unleashed series and it was super cute like the first one. In this one Freddie goofs again and draws a weird bug for a boy he didn’t know and then finds out he has the 3D printer that brings them to life! He doesn’t know like Freddie and his friends that things are not going to go well especially if they grow big! This was kind of the fun read I was needing as you can tell by the reads below I am kind of slumping and MG always seems to get me out of it a bit.
- TripTych – This was my first Slaughter book (I know, surprising huh!), I found it to be pretty good and the reveal of the bad guy, shocking…lol. 🙂 This was book one in the Will Trent series and I can’t wait to try another one from this author.
- Illuminae – So everyone knows I am not a sci-fi person but everyone raved about it so I had to try it and it was okay. I do think listening to it was the way to go for me as it had cool sound effects. I wasn’t blown away but I didn’t hate it either. 🙂
In which I am having a hard time deciding what I want to read. 🙂
- The New Neighbors – I am not a fan of the writing style! It’s done in kind of journal style between the two MC’s and all over the place. It starts off at the end, then Jack starts to tell about things and then Sydney remarks on what he wrote and writes her own stuff and I already don’t like her and the whole beginning is so jumble up and a boring mess. I made it to 37% and as much as I want to know I kind of just don’t care. Has anyone READ this? I need someone to tell me it’s worth going forward…lol.
- Dread and Breakfast – This has multiple POV’s and its about a group of strangers than end up at an Inn. I haven’t gotten far enough into it for it to grab me yet but I have been assured by my friend Barb that it’s a good one. I just think I am having a reading funk! 🙁
- The Summer of Broken Things – Just started it so not real sure but it’s one that will go away if I don’t read it soon as it is on my adobe digital as that was the only way to download it on NG…hate that!!!
- Winter People – Started this one in my class Wednesday so not gotten far. It’s kind of strange though and one of those back and forth timeline things…sighs…I think I am the only one who is not a huge fan of those…lol.
- The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag – Second in the Flavia de Luce serie and just as fun as the first one. Flavia is a spunky young girl! 5 and half hours left in it. I listen to it on my computer while blogging or designing.
What might be up next
- Ash Princess – Is for a blog tour spot on the 17th so I hope I find myself into some fantasy. 🙂
- Fiction Can Be Murder – My buddy read book for this month with Barb.
- Tombyards and Butterflies – paranormal type crime novel of sorts.
- The Quiet Type – Serial killer thriller 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?