The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
It’s Easter and freezing!! What the heck?! They said we could even get snow today! I hope the weather is playing an April Fools joke!! 🙁 Though after today it should warm back up a little but not enough for my liking, I want some nice spring 70 degree weather!
So working on my design project is really getting me through those audiobooks but my ebook reading has gone down. 🙁 That and I am a bit addicted to booktube…lol. The stamp project is going pretty good and it’s do on the 9th and so I am a busy little bee.
Happy Easter! Read something fun!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [1 Apr] The Week In Review #189
- [2 Apr] "The Furthest Station" by Ben Aaronovitch ★★★★
- [3 Apr] Dread Nation by Justina Ireland ★★★
- [3 Apr] Monthly Report ~ March
- [4 Apr] Movie Spotlight ~ Miracle Season
- [4 Apr] Badd Motherf*cker by Jasinda Wilder ★★★
- [5 Apr] A Few Mini Reviews ~Cozy Mysteries
- [6 Apr] Loving the Country Boy by Mia Ross ★★★★★
- [6 Apr] Cloak and Dagger Link Up ~April
- [7 Apr] Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany ★★★★
Books I have added
- Grump – I just finished up Rump not long ago and so when I seen this one about Grumpy I couldn’t help myself as Grumpy is my favorite dwarf!
Audios for review
- Death in the English Countryside – First in the Murder on Location mystery series. It’s about a location scout who is working on a filming of Pride and Prejudice when her boss doesn’t return from England. She fears he has slipped back into some bad habits and so she goes to England to find him to find him missing!
- Buried on the Fens – DI Nikki Galena #7 which now puts me three books behind!! I am working on catching up on series and this is one I want to get caught up on as I love this series! I love Nikki and she is a complex character and a bit dark at times. This one has a body found in a shallow grave and they are always so much more complex than just a murder mystery…lol. 🙂
- Murder, She Knit – First book in the Knit and Nibble mystery series. It’s about Pamela who was hosting a Knit and Nibble meeting and can’t wait to introduce the others to a friend who will be a knew member but she never shows and Pamela finds her dead outside.
- The Uninvited Corpse – First in the Food Blogger mystery series. It’s about Hope who is sort of reinventing herself after some bad things and is now a food blogger, she goes to a garden party and of course finds a dead body. 🙂
*I really need to stop getting first books in a series but I can’t help myself!!!! It’s so not helping me with the catching up factor….lol. 😉
The week in which all the books on my overdrive holds comes in at the same time!!!!!!!
- Winter People – It’s suppose to be kind of a horror/mystery and in this town there have been strange disappearance in the past then in the present Ruthie’s mother disappears and she has to try and find her, but someone else is looking for someone who is missing…
- Triptych -There is a series of bizarre murders and a detective who is a bit down on his luck, and his marriage on the brink of disaster has to team up with a woman he hates who works vice squad to find the killer. Also there is an ex-con who just got out of prison to find someone using his name and it could spell disaster for him so he tries to figure things out and I am guessing they are going to be going after the same person eventually.
- Illuminae – I think everyone knows what this is about. It’s a sci-fi and it’s 2575 and two corporations are waring over a planet and things are not as they seem at least that is what I am gathering from what I have listened too.
- The House of Silk – Not read this author but have always wanted too and he is the only author that has been okayed by Author Conan Doyle’s estate write books with the Sherlock Holmes characters so I couldn’t not try this…lol.
- Red – The True Story of Little Red Riding Hood 🙂 Red is not afraid of wolves but magic is another thing all together. She is not a fan of magic.
- Her Royal Spyness – So I have tried this one before but didn’t get it done and had to take it back to the library and then I forgot about it. So I got it from overdrive to try it again. 🙂
Books read last week
I am a little bummed that my ebook reading has sort of stalled, not cause I am not liking what I am reading but because of my project and other things. Much easier to get in audiobooks so they are ruling right now!
- Murder at Half Moon Gate – Second book in the Wrexford and Sloane series and I really enjoyed it. Might have liked the first one a bit more but still a great read. An inventor dies and the bow street runners (sort of the police back then) things it was just thieves but his wife thinks it was more than that as he had just invented something new. In a time where it’s the machine vs. man and workers are not happy with inventions taking their jobs, so was he killed by someone wanting to stop the invention or someone wanting to sell it for lots of money! If you like historical mysteries you should check this series out.
- Hush Money – Very enjoyable read. I am a fan of her first series so I was interested in how her new series would be and liked it just as much. It’s about Sydney whose father was a policeman and died protecting the streets. She gets a lot of money from her birth mother (read to find out more about that) and so she starts two different restaurants, one is aimed at policemen and just a place to hang out and the other is Hush Money a fancier make a reservation type. The Mayor is killed on the night Hush Money opens and one of her employees is arrested for the crime and she just doesn’t think she did it. Kind of has a surprise reveal as I had my suspicions but was still kind of surprised by the killer. If you like crime mysteries I would recommend it.
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie – The first in the Flavia de Luce series and it’s about a precocious young lady who has a knack for chemistry and a fondness for learning about poisons. A man is killed her father is accused but she doesn’t believe he did it so she starts investigating because she is a curious young person. She is different and and very interesting and I liked it and want to continue on with the series. If you like cozy type mysteries set in the 1950’s you might like this.
- Bookman Dead Style – This is the second in the Dangerous Type mystery series. Clare works at the The Rescued Word with her grandfather and the city is having a Film Festival which has brought in some actors. One of those is Matt Bane who comes in to order some handmade note cards though he is arrested not long after and accused of killing his sister. Clare kind of felt a kinship with the young man and just can’t believe he did it so starts snooping around. I really enjoyed this one and would recommend it and pretty much anything by this author! 🙂
- Death by Pumpkin Spice – This is the third book in the Bookstore Cafe and it really pains me not to like a cozy series. I loved the first one but I feel the MC has gone downhill. She drove me crazy in the second one and she was so whiny and insecure and whiny and does stupid things and AAAH!! ERRR she makes me mad. I still have two more in my review queue for this series so I must trudge through but if there are any more after those I feel I will not be picking them up unless she starts getting better. 🙁
- And Death Goes To… – I loved the first two in this series so I have been itching to get to this one so I am finally doing it!! 🙂
- Red – Grump was fun so decided to try another one by the author about Red Riding Hood.
- Illuminae – So not really a sci-fi person but everyone keeps talking about this and I heard it was pretty cool on audio so thought I would try it that way. It’s not to bad, it has about 30 different narrators!
- Triptych – I have been needing to try this author so thought I would try one of her series and it’s not to bad so far.
What might be up next
- The Summer of Broken Things – Need to get to it as it was given to me by a publicist and I said I would get it done soon.
- The New Neighbors – Same thing told them I would get it done this month and I am curious about it.
- Tombyards and Butterflies – I had to put it on hold to get some library audios in but I have liked what I have listened to so far.
- Winter People – I Enjoyed The Night Sister so thought I would try another by this author.
How was your week? What did you get?