The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Next week is spring break so no class! We finished with the branding project, as that one is really an ongoing project that we can work on on our own time. He said we might do a day project of pretending that Nike hired us and we have to come up with a billboard or something before starting our stamps. If I can pull it off I want to do classic movie monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman and Creature from the Black Lagoon), so I am going to practice while on spring break to see if I can create something…lol.
Here is my final logo:
So I added gray and blue to the S as well as did an over and under thing with the S. I like this version a lot more and I am happy with how it turned out. I should have showed you the one with the words underneath but oh well…it stands for Dark Storm Designs. Maybe one day I will be famous…hehehe. 🙂
The week is going to start off a bit cool but end a little warmer and I am hoping to get out and weed my garden beds and get ready for veggie garden season. The weeding part is so daunting, I hate it.
So Winter COYER is over and I ended up reading 33 for that three month long challenge. It was very different and so not all of my books counted for it so I am happy with how I did. 🙂
That’s all I have to report. Happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [5 Mar] Gone with the Ghost by Erin McCarthy ★★½
- [6 Mar] The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road by M.L. Bullock ★★
- [6 Mar] TTT ~Favorite Book Quotes
- [7 Mar] Blood in the Water by Taylor Anderson ★★★★★
- [8 Mar] Lamentation by Joe Clifford ★★½
- [9 Mar] A Call to Vengeance by David Weber, Timothy Zahn, Thomas Pope ★★★★
- [10 Mar] Cloak and Dagger Linky ~ March
- [11 Mar] The Week In Review #184
Books I have added
- Sleuth – I am hoping that maybe this can help me with my attempts at writing. 🙂
- Mardi Gras Murder – I really love this Cajun series so was excited to see the next installment is out to review!
- The Butterfly Conspiracy – It’s another historical mystery that is supposed to be for fans of Veronica Speedwell, that was pretty much all I needed but it also sounds pretty good. 🙂
And all the books on hold come in at once!!
Hopefully I can get to all of these before they expire! Though not real sure about Dark Tower, now that I got it not really sure I want to read it…lol.
Gift from bookish buddy!!
I got a package in the mail Saturday and it had these three books and some cool swag! I was lazy and didn’t want to take a picture…lol. I am so excited doesn’t Pugs and Prejudice just look so cute!!!! Thanks Barb!!!
Books read last week
- Six Feet Under – One of my favorite series! In this one Kenni’s mother is in trouble and it causes some troubles for Kenni. I love Kenni’s mother she cracks me up! It’s a southern cozy and full of fun!
- Encyclopedia Brown – This was my favorite series as a child and I was looking for a short read and found it on overdrive and read it in one day to kind of brake up my current reads. Read for nostalgia more than anything…lol. 🙂
- The Fast and the Furriest – I love this mystery series and now I am all caught up. It’s about Sarah and her Second Chance store plus, Elvis the cat and of course murder.
- Lies That Comfort and Betray – I just recently listened to What the Dead Leave Behind and enjoyed it so decided to just go ahead with book two as I am trying to catch up on series I have out which is a never ending thing…lol. Historical mystery and this one was about New York having a killer kind of like the Ripper since it was around that time period. One of Prudence’s childhood friends was killed in a horrific manor and she wants justice.
- The Hunger – This is a reimagining of what might have happened to the Donner Party, so a little bit of fact with a lot of fiction as there is something supernatural out there and it’s Hungry. This is slow going! I am about 40% in and I am just now sort of getting curious about it.
- Body on Baker Street – A few weeks ago I read Elementary, She Read and enjoyed it and so I am on to book two. I needed something fun to break up the slow pace of The Hunger as I didn’t want to head to a slump because of a slow read. I am only about 11% into it but it’s pretty fun.
- HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban – This is just for fun so I am not in a hurry to finish it so I just sort of listen to it a bit at a time around other audios.
- My Name is Mary Sutter – Just started this one so not sure what I think yet, but that it’s long at 14 hours…lol. It’s about a young lady who wants to be a doctor during the time when they could only be a midwife.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?