The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This has been a week! It’s been really nice weather wise apart from one cold day. Though there seems to be some snow coming up in our forecast…blah.
Started my class this week and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed about branding myself! I haven’t really thought about what my brand might be for my designing and I am probably overthinking it but it’s got my mind boggled! We are going to do some brainstorming sessions in groups and I have started trying to sketch out some ideas but mind is blown…lol.
Two days this week dad and I worked on my room upstairs fixing it up and I was working in the closet putting in cedar boards and it’s an A frame style house and so it has short walls and this fat body in a small space trying to put boards up the sides was not fun…lol. I am so sore right now it’s pitiful.
Coming up next month on the blog will be Getting Cozy with a Mystery. So look for a whole month of cozy goodness and lots of post. 🙂 I have lots of cozy mystery post, three interviews and some book to movie talks about the Hallmark cozies. Feel free to join in and read some cozies!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [22 Jan] The Western Star by Craig Johnson ★★★★★
- [23 Jan] The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith, J.K. Rowling ★★★½
- [23 Jan] TTT ~Books I liked but can’t remember
- [24 Jan] The Renaissance Club by Rachel Dacus ★★★★
- [25 Jan] A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn ★★★★★
- [26 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~ Wolf Blood
- [26 Jan] Staked by Kevin Hearne ★★★
- [27 Jan] Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson ★★★★
- [27 Jan] They Call It Puppy Love Challenge
- [27 Jan] 24 in 48 readathon update
- [28 Jan] The Week In Review #178
Books I have added
Told you I couldn’t stay away!!
- Six Feet Under – LOVE THIS SERIES – and the best way to get a copy is with the blog tour so had to sign up! 🙂
- A Manor of Murder – Still need to read book one but it’s on my list for this year so couldn’t pass it up.
- Give Up the Dead – This is weird cause I got Broken Ground last year and didn’t realize it was book 4 (it’s a June review book), then seen this one and found out it was book 3 in the same series (it’s a August review book??) I don’t get it but I figured might as well grab it.
- December Boys – So the overdrive library doesn’t have the 2nd book and I seen it was only .99, so I figured why not. Hopefully I like this series…lol.
- Curiouser and Curiouser – Not a huge Alice fan but I was curious about this series. 🙂
- Lamentation – Finally we have gotten to book 1 of the Jay Potter Thrillers. 🙂 Fingers crossed I like this series…lol.
- Genius files 1&2: I needed a change up in genres for a few books. 🙂
From the author
It’s always nice when you get an email from an author and he is writing you because another author recommended you. 🙂
- The Nightmare Room – A boy in a basement, a man in a booth and a darkness that threatens to swallow them both… Doesn’t that sound pretty cool. 🙂
Books read last week
- Truly Devious – Even though it was kind of slow in spots (still not sure if it was the book or me) I really enjoyed it. Only downfall is it’s first in a trilogy and ended on a slight cliff, so I want the next one now! 🙂
- To Helvetica and Back – I have enjoyed other series by this author so I knew I would like this and I did. I also thought it was cool that it was a store that restored books and old typewriters.
- The Way of the Wicked – For some reason this series got thrown to the wayside as I listened to the first one in 2016 and I have had like the next 3 or for sitting on my shelf to listen too. I enjoyed it a lot so not sure why. 🙂
I feel like this year I am just in the mood that if I am not feeling it I don’t care.
- Grist Mill Road – At least it was a library book so no big deal. I just didn’t like the beginning and I didn’t like the writing style. I don’t like it when they don’t use quotes around dialogue. Why would you not use quotes?! It just kept messing up my reading and I decided I was done.
- The Clinic – Hated the three teen MC’s, and just felt like I was thrown into a blood bath with no explanation and wasn’t interested.
I will be explaining a bit more on my DNF’s in a post coming up soon. 🙂
So I am also thinking I needed a genre cleanse as everything has just been all mysteries. 🙂
- Mission Unstoppable – I read this back in 2011 but totally don’t remember anything but I came across it on overdrive and remembered liking it and that it was a series. I seen it has the series on overdrive so I am diving back in. I might just skim the first one I am not sure as I don’t normally reread. So not actually started Never Say Genius but it will be up next so just threw it on here. 🙂
- The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris – I don’t read a lot of chick lit but I have read Jenny Colgan before and enjoyed her so thought I would give this one a try.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?