The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So it started snowing last Sunday and continued snowing some more on Monday and my class on Wednesday was cancelled. I am glad because the roads where I live were really bad cause they don’t get cleaned off. Then we warmed up Thursday to 40 and the nasty snow started to melt. It’s been really nice the last couple of days though today is suppose to rain. I live down a dirt lane so it’s a little squishy and nasty and we don’t need any more moisture so it’s getting fun trying to get in and out. 🙂
So besides that I don’t have much to tell.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [15 Jan] Bout of Books 21 wrap up
- [15 Jan] The Ghosts of Galway by Ken Bruen ★★★★
- [16 Jan] TTT ~Bookish Resolutions/Goals
- [16 Jan] Movie Spotlight ~ Forever My Girl
- [16 Jan] Of Murder and Men by Lynn Cahoon ★★★★
- [17 Jan] Binge Watchers #13~East of Everything #bingewatchersclub
- [17 Jan] Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde ★★★★★
- [18 Jan] The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor ★★½
- [19 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~Truly Devious
- [19 Jan] Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead by Christiana Miller ★★★★
- [20 Jan] Blog All About It ~ January ~Winter
- [21 Jan] The Week In Review #177
Books I have added
I must stay off of NG and EW for the rest of the month!!! #canidoit 🙂
- Truly Devious – It’s a YA mystery about a girl Stevie who loves crimes, she wants to join the FBI. She is drawn to Ellingham because of the kidnapping and murder that happened there. She thinks she can figure out what happened.
- Sneaking Out – #Barbmademedoit. Could you sleep next to a murderer? How could I not grab this with a sentence like that starting the blurb out…lol. 🙂 Barb and I are always taking turns on getting a read the other must go and grab so I seen this one on Booker T’s Farm…lol.
- Obscura – #Tammymademedoit. She’s felt it before…the fear of losing control. And it’s happening again. I seen this on Books, Bones and Buffy and couldn’t help myself so I blame it all on Tammy. 😉 🙂
- A Riesling to Die – A deadly search for sour grapes . . . That first line of the blurb made me laugh! So I really have enjoyed this authors Sophie Kimball Mystery series (Booked 4 Murder, Ditched 4 Murder). So I just couldn’t pass up this first in series cozy when I got an email about it. 🙂
- Pawprints and Predicaments – I enjoyed the first one and will get getting to the second one soon so I couldn’t help but grab the third! I am a sucker for a cozy with a dog! 🙂
- The Summer of Broken Things – This one and the last one I totally forgot about because the publicist was going to send me review links like three weeks ago or so, so I was surprised this week when I got the two email. 🙂 From New York Times bestselling author Margaret Peterson Haddix comes a haunting novel about friendship and what it really means to be a family in the face of lies and betrayal. So a bit more contemporary than I normally go for but I was intrigued the the blurb and want to know what the lies are…lol.
- The Tombs – Gangs of New York meets Cassandra Clare in this debut YA fantasy set in 1882 Brooklyn. New York, 1882. A dark, forbidding city, and no place for a girl with unexplainable powers. Those two lines along were enough to grab me and well I must admit that cover helped a lot. I just love that cover!!
- Grist Mill Road – You might have seen this one on my most anticipated reads list. I was lucky to get on the library hold list early and so this one came quick. I do hope it’s a good one! It’s another read about something they did in the past comes back to bit them. My other anticipated read that had this sort of scenario didn’t go so well so I hope this one is better. 🙂
- A Bone to Pick and Three Bedrooms, One Corpse – I have read book one and so when I seen #2 and #3 on sale for 1.84 I had to grab them!
Books read last week
- The Silence of the Flans – I really liked the first one in this series and this one was pretty good too. I felt so bad for Winnie as everyone thought her dessert killed someone! 4 stars
- Stalker of the Fens – One of my favorite series! This one was kind of sad and good at the same time and like always pretty intense! 🙂 4 stars
- Truly Devious – I am about 65% in and I am liking it. Bit slow to start but now I really want to know what is going on. It’s part of a trilogy so I figure that is why it had so much build up at the beginning.
- Grist Mill Road – Not officially started this one yet but since I am almost done with Truly Devious I figured I would just put it here. 🙂
- What the Dead Leave Behind – I am little over halfway done and it’s been pretty interesting. First time listening to this narrator and she is okay and has a nice voice.
Put to the side:
- What Doesn’t Kill You – could be my first DNF of the year! I am not a fan of the authors writing style, I feel like I am left out a lot. It took me forever to figure out who Michael was and why he died. I don’t like feeling like I missed something. Also it seems more like a book about the MC morning her friend than anything so at 26% I just had to put it to the side. Time will tell if I decide to pick it back up or not. 🙂
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?