The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I am so ready for Summer!!!!!! I can deal with cold but frigid temperatures are a no go! Today’s high is 15 and the low could be -1!!!! I think it’s time to hibernate until Spring. 🙁 Our water is froze and will probably be that way for a couple days as the temps for the next few days don’t get over 15 for a high though there is a slight heat wave a coming if I can hold on and things don’t change…lol. If you can call the 30’s a heatwave anyway. 🙂
Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I got a $25 gift card for amazon so I am set…lol. Had a nice dinner with my Aunt and her family and a nice dinner at Denny’s on Christmas day with some friends. I am ready to get the new year started!
Have a Happy New Year!!!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [24 Dec] Day 11~12 Days of Horror
- [24 Dec] The Week In Review #172
- [25 Dec] Day 12 ~12 Days of Horror
- [26 Dec] This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston ★★★★
- [27 Dec] "The Beast From Another Time" by John Flanagan ★★★★
- [28 Dec] Fury Of The Orcas by Hunter Shea ★★½
- [29 Dec] Friday Meme’s ~Two Girls Down
- [29 Dec] The Caldera by John Flanagan ★★★★★
- [30 Dec] 2018 Most Anticipated Books – First six months
Books I have added
So I think I did pretty good if you have seen my 2018 most anticipated post cause I only grabbed two new ones for review. I marked others I wanted with a 2018 amazon wishlist to keep track or added to my library list. #patsselfontheback 🙂
- The Flight Attendant – Cassandra Bowden is no stranger to hungover mornings. She’s a binge drinker, her job with the airline making it easy to find adventure, and the occasional blackouts seem to be inevitable. She lives with them, and the accompanying self-loathing. When she awakes in a Dubai hotel room, she tries to piece the previous night back together, already counting the minutes until she has to catch her crew shuttle to the airport. She quietly slides out of bed, careful not to aggravate her already pounding head, and looks at the man she spent the night with. She sees his dark hair. His utter stillness. And blood, a slick, still wet pool on the crisp white sheets. Sounds like quite the hangover!! 🙂
- The Unforgotten – For fans of Louise Penny and Tana French, this haunting debut novel “with a slight Broadchurch feel” (Sunday Herald) explores the devastating repercussions of a long-ago crime as it delves into forbidden relationships, the emotional bond between mothers and daughters, and the dark consequences of harboring secrets. This one has me curious because it’s for fans of Louise Penny and the slight Broadchurch feel. 🙂
Books read last week
- Fury of the Orcas – This was just okay and I was a bit bummed cause it’s a favorite author, but that happens sometimes.
- Lending a Paw – Good start to a new series, I really liked the cat.
- Grave Errors – One of my favorite series and now I am all caught up, sighs.
What might be up next
What I watched
So I was hoping to get a lot of reading done this week but I fell down a rabbit hole called When Calls the Heart. I kept seeing the commercial for the first episode of the new season and I had remembered watching the first season and loving it so on to Netflix I went where I didn’t move from my couch for like two days…lol. I binged all four seasons then went and found the new Christmas one on Hallmark demand, so now I just have to wait till Feb 17, I think it is for the new season to officially start. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?