The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So for most of this week I have been dealing with my sinus infection but the last couple of days I have started to feel a bit better and I can at least smell things again…lol. 🙂 For Thanksgiving it was really different for dad and I as we were on our own. We normally went to my Aunt’s house but her new husband wanted to go to his sons and her daughter decided to go to Oklahoma to her husband’s family so that left us to fend for ourselves. It was kind of different but I didn’t mind but I think dad was kind of bummed. He likes ham and I like turkey so I fixed him a small ham and me a turkey breast, then a few of the normal fixin’s to go with it and we have been eating on that since Thursday…lol.
My class is on it’s last stretch and we only have one project left which is an animation project. We have to make a gif of some kind from what it looked like on the instructions I checked out on our class site. Not a clue what I am going to do but I think it will be interesting. 🙂
The weather here has been totally nice and I can handle this kind of fall/winter and hope it stays this way…lol. I know it won’t. Missouri’s worst months are normally Jan. and Feb. so I got to enjoy it while I can. 🙁
Don’t forget to sign up for COYER WINTER SWITCH! (Click on the button to go to site)
What you might have missed on my blog
- [20 Nov] Penelope March Is Melting by Jeffrey Michael Ruby ★★★½
- [20 Nov] Night Shift by Charlaine Harris ★★★★★
- [21 Nov] Voices on the Road Blog Tour and Giveaway!
- [21 Nov] Audiobook review of By Hook or By Crook ★★★★
- [22 Nov] Binge Watchers #11 ~ 800 Words #bingewatchersclub
- [22 Nov] Dr. DOA by Simon R. Green ★★★★
- [23 Nov] Canal Days Calamity by Jamie M. Blair ★★★★
- [24 Nov] 2018 Cloak and Dagger Challenge sign up!
- [24 Nov] Friday Meme’s ~ Body on the Bayou
- [24 Nov] Deep Freeze by John Sandford ★★★★★
- [26 Nov] The Week In Review #168
Books I have added
- Better Dead –As the owner of a charming Louisiana bed and breakfast, Holly Davis believes in Southern hospitality–but she draws the line at welcoming the ghost of her cheating husband . . .I broke my ban on new in series cozies. 🙁 I just couldn’t help myself, paranormal elements in a cozy is a real weakness…lol. I just couldn’t pass up the ghost of her cheating husband part, sounds like it will be fun! 🙂
- Nightmares! – It looked like a fun Middle Grade book. 🙂
- The Hanging Girl – This one was actually a netgalley book I didn’t get to before time was up as I could only get it on the download for epub at the time. So now I can go ahead and read it. 🙂
- Battle of the Labyrinth – I was reading this one and then for some reason quit so I decided to grab it on audio and try it. 🙂
Books read last week
- Canal Days Calamity – Second in a series and it was a lot of fun!! Check out my review at the link above!
- Body on the Bayou – Another second in a series that was a lot of fun too! I love when cozies make me chuckle!
- One Was Lost – Didn’t know what to think of this one going in but it actually wasn’t to bad. Wasn’t a fan of the characters all the time but I thought it was a decent YA suspense.
- Still Life – First in the Chief Inspector Gamache series and I have been wanting to try this series for a while and really enjoyed it. 🙂
What might be up next
What I am watching
I have been using Christmas movies as background noise a lot cause I have seen most of them a ton of times it seems so it’s good noise I don’t have to pay attention too. I have enjoyed some of the new ones and some favorites are Christmas in the Air, Finding Santa, The Christmas Train and A Gift to Remember. I have also been watching 800 Words on Acorn TV. I need to get caught up on Riverside, NCIS and NCIS:NO but just haven’t done it…lol.
How was your week? What did you get?