The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Man, mother nature doesn’t not know what she is doing these days! We had two days were it was highs of 60’s lows in the 40’s and then back up in the 80’s and then tomorrow I think it might rain and go back to the 60’s and tonight it suppose to be in the 40’s. This going back and forth is going to give me a cold I just know it…but I must say 80’s in October is nice…lol. 🙂
Not much to chat about today so let’s just get to the good stuff. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [8 Oct] Cloak and Dagger ~ October Link Up
- [8 Oct] The Week In Review #160
- [9 Oct] Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney ★★★★
- [10 Oct] Textual Relations by Jamie Lee Scott ★★★★
- [11 Oct] Binge Watchers #7 ~Loch Ness #bingewatchersclub
- [11 Oct] Puppies in Paradise by Kathi Daley ★★★★
- [11 Oct] The Limehouse Text by Will Thomas
- [11 Oct] Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine ★★★★★
- [12 Oct] Cheerleading Can Be Murder by Carissa Ann Lynch ★★★
- [12 Oct] Halloween in Paradise by Kathi Daley ★★★★
- [13 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~The Breathless
- [13 Oct] Movie Spotlight + Giveaway ~Goodbye Christopher Robin
- [13 Oct] The Hunt by Chloe Neill ★★★
- [14 Oct] Becoming Dragon by Eve Langlais ★★★★
- [14 Oct] A Deadly Éclair by Daryl Wood Gerber ★★★★
Books I have added
- The Stories of Edgar Allen Poe – I guess I am in a graphic novel type of mood. This is a Manga Classic and hopefully I can figure out how to read backwards…lol.
- High Moon Vol. 1 – I couldn’t pass up one about werewolves!
- The Ripper’s Hellbroth – I like any kind of Ripper type novel. 🙂
Audiobooks from author
- The author mentioned codes for her second novel but since I hadn’t read the first one she was nice enough to let me have them both. 🙂 They look like creepy mysteries! (I have started the first one and the author isn’t afraid of a bit of gore…lol)
Free at time of purchase.
- You’ve Got Tail – Was talking to Barb about this author as she loves her other series and seen this one was free so thought I would give her a try. 🙂
Books read last week
- Rosemary’s Baby – So this is not scary but it’s pretty creepy and strange and the ending a bit different. I liked it! (Bought)
- A Deadly Eclair – My first by this author and I enjoyed it. Who doesn’t like a foodie theme and it has lots of recipes in the back! (eARC)
- Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: The Big Lie – Not your normal cutesy mystery here! This was very dark and kind of noir and I liked it. 🙂 (graphic novel)
- Halloween in Paradise – I really like this series and this is book six and I can’t wait to catch up on this series (only two more to go that is if the author takes enough of a break for me to catch up…lol) (audio)
Having a hard time keeping to one book so kind of reading on both of these…lol.
- The Breathless – Sort of a gothic type and the beginning is a bit slow for me. I am only about 23% in and I think it might start picking up now that the boy is back in town. 🙂
- Alone – Just started this one so about 11% in but it’s already kind of strange.
- Luck and Judgement – Third in the DC Smith series and I am almost done so will finish this one today.
- Send in the Clowns – I am really liking this series and it’s quickly becoming a favorite. This one seems like the a perfect read for October. Since I am almost done with Luck and Judgement I went ahead and put this on my current list.
What might be up next
What I watched
I have been watching my favorite shows NCIS and NCIS:NO now they are back on a new season. Riverdale is back too!! I also watched The Babysitter on netflix and OMG it was so stupid and gory and well it made me laugh…lol. If you like those types of horror then check it out, I am telling you, you will roll your eyes a lot! I also watched Goodbye Christopher Robin via an online screener I was given and it was great. It was a drama that was bittersweet and good at the same time. It may have made me tear up a bit. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?