The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Well, I think it’s fall but not sure cause our leaves are not changing very much and when they do they are just brown. 🙁 I some times think I need to plant some trees that produce pretty fall colors just so I can have them. The weather here is not to sure it’s fall either as it’s been in the 80’s a lot and even after the rain we had it’s still feels pretty warm. I don’t mind. 🙂
So in my photoshop class we took a break from face swapping for an Art Deco type project and here is my finished project minus the quote we are suppose to put in as we haven’t done that part yet. I think we will do that on Monday. I am sure we will start working on the posters that we are suppose to make that will contain our face swapped pictures this week as well. Not a fan of face swapping…lol. 🙂
Other than that not much to chat about so on to the good stuff! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [1 Oct] The Week In Review #159
- [2 Oct] The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty ★★★
- [2 Oct] Exit West by Mohsin Hamid ★★★★½
- [3 Oct] Curse of the Boggin by D.J. MacHale ★★★★
- [3 Oct] Black Moon Rising by D.J. MacHale ★★★★
- [4 Oct] Tightening the Threads by Lea Wait ★★★★
- [4 Oct] Rituals by Kelley Armstrong ★★★★★
- [4 Oct] Monthly Report ~September
- [5 Oct] The Devils You Know by M.C. Atwood ★★★★
- [6 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~Rosemary’s Baby
- [6 Oct] "The Purloined Poodle" by Kevin Hearne ★★★
- [7 Oct] Audiobook review of The Wrong Girl ★★½
Books I have added
Grabbed up some spooky themed graphic novels. I am going to do the Dewey’s 24 hour read-a-thon and I want to feel accomplished so I thought these would go great with that and with the season. Though one is a christmasy one it does have an evil force a brewing. 🙂
- Northstars – Join us for the magical adventures of Holly, the daughter of Santa Claus, and Frostina, a Yeti Princess, as they explore the mystical wonders of the land of Polaris. Doesn’t that just sound fun!
- The Ghost of Gaudi – Someone is committing barbarous murders throughout Barcelona, focusing on locations designed by renowned visionary architect Antoni Gaudi. Murder mystery! I’m in!
- Cutter – What if that kid you and your friends picked on in your youth came back with a vengeance…to kill you and your friends? Oooh, sounds cool! 🙂
- Redneck – The Bowmans are VAMPIRES who have quietly run the local barbecue joint in their small town for years, living off cow’s blood. Their peaceful coexistence ends as generations of hate, fear and bad blood bubble to the surface–making it impossible to separate man from monster! Just look at that cover! Sounds so cool!
- Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys: The Big Lie – When the teenage brothers Frank and Joe Hardy are accused of the murder of their father – a detective in the small resort town of Bayport – they must team up with the femme fatale nancy drew to prove their innocence (and find the real guilty party in the process) in a twisting, hard-boiled tale, complete with double-crosses, deceit and dames. This isn’t the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys you might be use too…lol. They are a little more updated…lol. 🙂 (Actually already started this one and I am liking it so far.)
Audiobooks for review
- Treble at the Jam Fest – Now I am two books behind in this series…lol. (that is not to bad actually.) 🙂 I like this series and this is book four.
- Eclair and Present Danger – Just love this title! I have read another series by her so I am exited to getto this one. Yes, this is a first in series but it was put on my audio review list way before my ban on new series, so that is okay. 🙂
- Death by Coffee – It’s a first in series but I have had this book and one of the others on my netgalley list for a while so thought why not get the audio and then I can knock it off that list and get this series started…lol. Not great logic but you know…lol.
Books read last week
- Tightening the Threads – I really enjoy this series about a bunch of needlepointers and of course murder. 🙂 Book 5 in the Mainely Needlepoint mystery series.
- Play That Funky Music White Koi – If you want a series that is just laugh out loud funny and not to be taken real serious then this is it! I really enjoyed this one! Second book in the Lemon Layne mystery series.
- A Deadly Eclair – First in the French Bistro mystery series. Mimi is a suspect in the death of her benefactor when she finds out he has forgiven all her debts upon his death. I am enjoying it so far, I mean…foodie theme…Eclairs…what is not to like!
- Rosemary’s Baby – I am buddy reading this with Barb from Booker T’s Farm and I am 40% into in and I can see where it’s headed and while not real spooky right at the moment, it is kind of creepy. Perfect read for this time of year.
- Halloween in Paradise – You have seen a lot of these on my blog lately as I am trying real hard to catch up with series. Figured this was the perfect time to dive back in with this one being Halloween themed. 🙂 I really like this series they are short reads/listens with a really good mystery. (thought I was caught up as I only have one more left and then I got my list from tantor audio on books I could request and low and behold there was another one on there and well I had to have it…lol) I will finish this today.
What might be up next
- The Breathless – Sticking with a bit of a spooky theme I want to get into this gothic YA novel and hope it’s a good one!
- Luck and Judgement – Another series I am striving to catch up on! (I have way to many series going…sighs) #bookishproblems.
How was your week? What did you get?