The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So on Monday I went to the doctor and I was really worried about my heart and blood pressure. I just wasn’t feeling well and my chest was heavy and my arms just achy. I was having bad headaches and sort of shaky feeling. I felt like it was hard to breath (still get that feeling), but he is like your lungs and heart sound fine. He even did the EKG to make sure about my heart but I passed. He didn’t think my blood pressure was that high but since I felt icky he went ahead with a 25 mg blood pressure pill and I must say I feel a lot better. Still having breathing problems but I am thinking it’s the humidity plus my belly fat. I really got to work on getting rid of that as I think I am just really unhealthy and it makes me have some breathing problems. I am just glad it wasn’t my heart, second round of test I have done with the doctor and I passed everything even though I am unhealthy so I am sure it’s that belly fat. 🙁 Oh and I got arthritis in both of my knees and have to have shots I just haven’t worked up the courage yet…lol. So yes, getting older really sucks. 🙁 But yay to feeling a lot better. 🙂
So you will notice I haven’t read much this week. Between my little cousin thinking I should talk to him on the phone and play phone games and the gang that work at a local cafe introducing me to World of Warcraft, this week has been a bit of a gaming week and not a reading one!!! What!!! I know it’s kind of weird…lol. It hasn’t really bothered me so maybe I just needed a bit of a book break. 🙂 I don’t think I will get sucked in to WoW because after the free up to level 20 you have to pay for it and I am not that huge of a computer gamer for that…lol. It is fun though. 🙂
So that is my week in a nutshell! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [24 Jul] The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] Grace Against the Clock by Julie Hyzy ★★★★
- [26 Jul] Immortal by Gillian Shields ★★
- [27 Jul] Tea, Tiramisu, and Tough Guys by Harper Lin ★★★★
- [28 Jul] Friday Meme’s ~ Pixie Piper and the Matter of the Batter
- [28 Jul] A Peace Divided by Tanya Huff ★★★
- [29 Jul] Cap's Place by Robert Tarrant ★★★½
- [30 Jul] The Week In Review #151
Books I have added
- 12 Days at Bleakly Manor – I still can believe I just picked up a Christmas book!!!
- Say No More – I still need to read Gone to Dust but couldn’t pass up getting book 3 of the Gravedigger series! 🙂
That is it though so not bad, eh. 🙂
Audiobook from author
- The Revelation – So when the author asked if I would listen to this one I was curious because she said it was a musical. Hip Hop meets history and it’s about Martin Luther and this is only episode one and only a 26 minute listen so I thought why not. 🙂
Books read last week
- Highland Spy – This wasn’t a bad one but I think I was hindered by the fact that maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for a romance. The narrator though I think I could listen to all day. 🙂
- Pixie Piper and the Matter of the Batter – This one is cute and I am enjoying it.
- 30 Second Death – I really liked Death in Advertising and I couldn’t help it I just had to start it and well it kind of bumped Pixie out of the running which is why I didn’t get either one finished…lol.
- Death Al Dente – Just started it but I really like this author. 🙂
- I didn’t want to I really didn’t but I just have no desire to go back to it. I wasn’t really a fan of Arrowood, but I liked his partner Barrett. Arrowood hated Sherlock Holmes but I think I hated Arrowood…lol. 🙂 I am really bummed. Maybe I will try again but for now it’s out.
What might be up next
What I watched
You know what I had one of those I didn’t do anything days yesterday and binge watched the new netflix show The Worst Witch…lol. I always liked that one and the new series is really cute. I can’t wait to see what happens to Mildred and the gang next season! I shall tell you all about it on Wed’s #bingewatchersclub post. 🙂
Oh and I watched the first episode of Midnight, Texas and I liked it. I must admit I found the book a bit on the boring side for a mystery and I have yet to try book two though I have it but I found the show to be cheesy, quirky, and fun and that worked for me…lol.
How was your week? What did you get?